... Preparation...Pt.2

Scribbulus Writing Instruments-

With Hogwarts starting in just a few days, the shop was nearly packed to the brim with students and their parents and guardians who were here to buy the necessary writing materials for their upcoming school year. It would be quite challenging to get what you needed if you were by yourself...yet for a one redhead Susan Bones, that was the exact problem she was having. To some, having an aunt who was head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement (DMLE for short) seemed like a great honor or a feeling of pride you could boast about, but for Susan it meant having a remaining family member who could look after you...but not really be there for you.

Since Amelia Bones was in charge of the DMLE, she couldn't spend as much time with Susan as she wanted. She'd be gone early in the morning and come home late at night, or even do more work at the Ministry that she wouldn't be home till the very next day. Susan knew that her aunt loved her and that she had a very important job to do, but sometimes she would feel as though that she was forgotten or not important for her. Today for example, her aunt had promised that she would help her with her school shopping for her first year at Hogwarts, but due to a last-minute emergency call from the DMLE, she had to leave Susan and go take care of it.

So now here was Susan just trying to get a First-Year stationary starter kit for Hogwarts, but they were all on a very high shelf. She tried to get the shop keep or one of the helpers of the store to assist her, but they were all busy helping other customers.

Susan: *sighs* Merlin I feel like I'll be here forever.

???:  Well, if you're with the right people, Forever doesn't seem that bad.

That response startled Susan as she looked to her side to find a cute white-haired green-eyed boy, that she definitely knew wasn't there before...wait did she just think he was cute?

Y/N: *smiles* Apologies if I startled you. I just happen to come in looking for a First-Year stationary kit, and I saw you with a look of frustration on your face.

Susan: Oh, no worries, and as for the frustration, I'm trying to get a kit myself but as you can see...

Susan then pointed to the high shelf where the kits were, and that mere made Y/N smirk.

Y/N: *with confidence*Oh, that's no problem at all.

Susan: *raises an eyebrow* Oh how so?

Y/N: Simple. If we can't get to them, then they will just come to us.

Susan felt as though this boy was trying to pull a prank on her, yet the way he looked at her, she couldn't see or feel any type of negative emotion towards her. So, not seeing any harm, she decided to indulge in the conversation.

Susan: And how do you propose that will happen?

Y/N: Well with magic of course~.

Alright, now she knew that he was trying to pull a prank on her. No first year could cast magic without a wand, and judging by the way he was standing, it didn't seem he had one (yet). On top of that, the magic to what Susan was thinking the young man wanted to do was definitely that of a Fourth or even a Fifth-Year level. Susan knew a few hexes just in case this young handsome boy tried anything on her, yet she'd play along for now...hold on why did she think that he was handsome?!

Susan: *clears her thoughts* And what magic will you do~?

Y/N: Oh? Do I sense doubt from you~?

Susan: *rolls her eyes* Well with the information that you've told me alone, it sounds that you're a first year like me, yet you plan to do magic at a high grade level.