7. e.xcuse me miss

NEW COVER ART, let me know if yall fw it

Secondly

@imjustCeci_ I just wanted to thank you so much for always commenting and supporting this story you are my day one boo, thank you so much <333

To the rest of you who have been reading this book from day one also, thank you times infinity. You're MY MOTIVATION

Today was East's first official day of physical therapy, his nerves were at an all-time high, and this would be his first step to getting his mobility back... hopefully. He tried his hardest not to get his hopes up too much based on the depressing actuality the doctor had presented him with. All he wanted to do was be able to pick up Deja from school when she gets older, be able to play basketball with the homies again, simply be able to walk.

Aaliyah got herself together so she could head out with Demetrius, the eager feeling Demetrius was feeling Aaliyah shared also. She was so tense for him, all she wanted was to get her man back, the man she fell in love with before all this bullshit happened.

Once they got themselves situated in Demetrius's car, they rode in total silence, no music, no conversation, no physical touch. The drive was about 20 minutes, 20 long and monotonous minutes that the pair wished would go by quicker.

They had finally made it to the rehabilitation center, see had alerted the front desk and helped her get Demetrius out of the car and safety into the large bricked building. In sync the pair let out a loud sigh of stress and uncertainty, this would be the start of another chapter of their life. Little did they know they just walked into a door that wouldn't be so easy to get out of, a world full of uncertainty and enigma, a world that would go beyond their wildest dreams.

Aaliyah could only be there for the first 15 minutes owed to her receiving a call from Deja's pediatrician. She gave Demetrius a soft kiss on the cheek and made her way out of the establishment, this isn't what she wanted but Deja's needs were a priority that she couldn't ignore or try to reschedule, this could be urgent.

In the meantime, Demetrius was getting ready for his first exercise. His physical therapist Solange placed him on a heavily cushioned mat on the ground, with extreme regard she slowly brought his knee close to his chest.

A rush of tension fled to Demetrius's back, Solange was delighted that he could feel something, even though the pain wasn't coming directly from his leg it was still something that Solange could work with.

Solange was a gorgeous woman with honey-brown skin, with a smile that could melt the heart of any woman or man. Solange stood at average height with a curvy build, she was many men's dream girl but Solange has always wanted the things that she couldn't have and today would be no different. Demetrius, his name was replaying in her head like a record player, tattooed body from head to toe. A tall man with perplexing deep dark eyes, just the man Solange was captivated by.