11. d.eath row

↭

I lay in bed with my family while Deja looked attentively at her mother and I. I wish this image could last forever, just me, Lee and Deja being this small. This little girl is growing like crazy; I don't know if I'm ready for her to grow up yet. I want her to stay as small as possible.

I don't want to have to think about her speaking her first words or her walking for the first time, even the amount of snot-nosed little boys I'm going to have to chase off. I'm loving the present. I'm loving how life is finally looking up for us all.

Last night in bed, Liyah finally spoke about the passing of baby boy and the toll it took on us both. My baby accepted me at my weakest in that instant. She didn't judge me for even a second. I felt so loved, the sort of love that I had missed out on by my parents since a youngin.

"She got your whole face, it's not fair." Lee's words broke me out of my thoughts. Princess did look exactly like me, thick eyebrows, always mugging people, but she was the friendliest baby you'll meet.

"Deja and Demetrius, I'm jealous; we should have given her a name that started with an A, like Agnus or something."

"I know you wasn't about to give my baby no old lady name the fuck is an Agnus."

"Bae, it's not for old ladies; it's just unique," she tried to argue.

"Don't lie, na you know lying is a sin."

Aaliyah sat in front of me by my legs while I held Deja, I snapped a picture of just the two of us while I kissed her chubby cheeks.

"Oh, so I'm no part of this family anymore." Aaliyah would jokingly talk shit about how I was stealing her baby from her but we both knew Dej was daddy's princess. -"You always gon be a part of this family, but right now it's daddy and princess time; sorry bae." Deja started giggling, showing off her gummy smile.

Deja was getting hungry so Lee gave her some milk, and she was knocked out after that. ; she returned to bed and laid her thick ass on top of me.