1.

Brrr. Brrr. Brrr.

If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world, it's the sound of my alarm clock on a Monday morning.

I sighed, reaching out and turning off the dreadful sound. School days are the worst. There's always unnecessary conflict and drama. Unfortunately, a lot of which involves me.

I finally got the strength to roll out of bed and get ready. I threw on my school uniform and headed to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. There wasn't much time so I just grabbed a water and a granola bar on the way out.

As I started my walk to school, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the cool autumn breeze. It was just the right temperature to be outside. I ate the granola bar as I walked and was in a good mood. I had high hopes for the day.

That was until I heard my name being called from behind me.

"Hey! Y/n!"

I tried to ignore it, knowing who it was and not wanting to be involved in conflict so early on in the day. I heard his footsteps get louder and closer and eventually there was a hand on my shoulder. I stopped walking and he stood in front of me.

"What are you? Deaf? I was calling your name. Come on. I'll walk you to school today."

He put his arm around me and we started walking. I knew I wasn't making it to school on time. And that meant I'd be getting detention later. Currently, however, I wasn't sure what he wanted. It could be a number of things. Anywhere from wanting money to just feeling like beating me. Luckily it hadn't escalated to anything more physical than a beating.

As expected, he walked me past the school to a little alley nearby. He removed his arm from me and shoved me against the wall.

"How much money do you have for me today? Let's see..."

He grabbed my backpack and started searching for my wallet. I hadn't brought it with me today though. When he realized this, he threw the bag down and looked at me. I didn't move or meet his gaze.

"Where's the money?" He asked, stepping closer. I didn't answer him. He didn't like that. In a sudden move, he had his hand around my neck and was inches away. I looked up, surprised, and met his eyes.

"You're giving me the silent treatment today? That's a little immature, don't you think?"

Though I would've loved to scream at that, I didn't. I've tried to fight back and scream before but it never works in my favor. It's easier to stay quiet and wait for it to be over.

I just stared at him and eventually, he let go of me. He turned around as if he were going to walk away and I let my guard down. I immediately realized it was a mistake when he turned around and punched me in my stomach, leaving me completely winded. I clutched on to my stomach and fell over.  He was strong. I was struggling to catch my breath when he kneeled down.

"I'd better be getting some money tomorrow. See you later."

He walked away and I composed myself. Grabbing my backpack, I stood up. I didn't feel like going to school but I sighed and started walking. Right as I got to the front door, I heard the bell ring. I was late. I took my time in getting my things and getting to class.

When I walked in, everyone turned their heads, looking at me.

"Y/n, nice of you to finally join us. Take a seat. I'll speak to you later."

Luckily, my first class is History with Mr. Lee, who is actually a pretty nice guy. However, he still follows the school's policies which unfortunately means I'll still be getting detention. As I made my way to my seat, I heard him snicker.

During the lesson, I began feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I'd heard about being faint from gut punches but I didn't think it'd be so bad. I was struggling to keep my eyes open. Everything was a blur and I couldn't even tell if someone was saying my name or not. But I think they were. The last thing I remember is seeing both Mr. Lee and him standing around me.

And then, there was darkness.