|| The Triwizard Tournament

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

The train glided smoothly along the tracks The overcast sky cast a gloomy atmosphere, matching the quiet atmosphere inside the compartment. Hermione was reading the Daily Prophet, while Y/N absentmindedly scrolled through her phone.

"Anything from the Trolley?" The Trolley Witch made her rounds.

Harry and Ron eagerly rose from their seats to purchase some candy. Y/N and Hermione remained seated, both engrossed in the items they held.

Y/N seized the little moment of silence and set her phone aside as she gently reached for Hermione's hand. The Gryffindor kept her gaze fixed on the passing scenery, pretending not to notice.

"'Mione," Y/N murmured softly, their hands intertwining. "I'm sorry."

Hermione continued to stare out the window, seemingly indifferent to Y/N's apology. The silence lingered between them, and Y/N couldn't help but feel a twinge of anxiety. Was Hermione still upset?

As the train rumbled on, Y/N cast a subtle glance at Hermione's reflection in the compartment mirror. A small, almost imperceptible smile played on Hermione's lips. Y/N raised an eyebrow.

Y/N squeezed Hermione's hand gently, knowing the game she was playing. Leaning in, she whispered in Hermione's ear, "I miss your voice, 'Mione."

Hermione's lips twitched, but she maintained her stoic expression. Y/N continued, "My love?"

Hermione shot Y/N a sidelong glance, a mixture of and mild irritation in her eyes. Undeterred, Y/N intertwined their fingers more tightly and added, "I love you."

Hermione finally turned her head, her eyes meeting Y/N's with a blush on her cheeks. Then turned away again, covering her face with her hand.  The corners of Hermione's mouth twitched, and a soft chuckle escaped her.

"You're so corny," Hermione grumbled.

"You're not mad anymore?" Y/N asked, her hand cupping Hermione's cheek.

"For a while," Hermione hummed. "I just wanted to.. see what'd you do."

Y/N glanced to the side. "Sorry for acting like an idiot the whole day."

"It's okay," Hermione said, reaching to push back a strand of hair behind Y/N's ear. "I love you too."

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"What's your type of woman, Y/N?" Ron asked out of the blue, leaning over the windowpane.

Y/N looked puzzled, raising an eyebrow and placing her phone on her lap as she thought for a moment. "Dunno, really."

"I thought you'd say me," Hermione chimed in, a slight wrinkle forming on her forehead, slightly angsty by the fact that Y/N had to think about it.

"Oh, don't start fighting again—just made up, didn't you?" Harry exclaimed dramatically.