CH 10

Dear Chris, 

It's been five years since we last met. Thank you for sending me the brooch. I really appreciate the colour. I hope there isn't much snow this year like last year. Or else I won't get to send letters during the winter season. I have recently started learning swordsmanship and magic. The captain says I am not that opt for a sword. He said I had to build more muscles first then I can try on more swings. Well he is correct in that I can't even swing for more than 20 times. But it's completely different in my magic class. The teacher was really surprised that I had conjured magic in my first try. He was really excited to teach me magic theory and all about elemental and non elemental magic. It really was a shame that I didn't know about my affinity until we turned seven. Well that will happen next year. I really think I am more suited for magic. But they say as a crown prince I should be able to protect myself from danger. So I am thinking maybe I should start learning how to use a whip from my mother. There is quite a rendezvous going inside the palace. Alex has grown and runs here and there thinking the palace is his playground. He started learning recently and always follows me everywhere so that he can ask about different subjects. Hope we will meet soon. Bye for now.

                                                                                       Your friend Trev.

With that I put the letter inside an envelope and gave it to Elli so he could send it to Chris. There is transfiguration and teleportation magic which would help the letter fly to the receiver in any situation but I am too young to do that.

I already knew my affinity. It just didn't work even after I tried so many times. Guess one really has to be baptised so that they can learn their affinity magic. Oh well I will have to wait for it to work.

But one thing went too well in these five years. And that is about my brother. As father and I have discussed, I would try my best so that the queen doesn't directly manipulate him. But thanks to the Queen's inferiority complex it got solved so easily that even I was shocked.

Because I was different from birth, I adapted to things quickly. But that is not the case for a normal baby. As per the Queen she expected him to be more extraordinary than me. But to her disappointment it wasn't like that.

So she would scold him everyday, comparing between both of us. That was when I stepped in and took him out of there. It wasn't because I planned to do so but because I had to. She was torturing him everyday.

A cute baby like him shouldn't have to suffer from this. This issue was put in front of my father and he immediately agreed to the separation.

Alex was shifted into my palace and the queen was not allowed to see him. The Queen mother pleaded to not do that but father was adamant to do so.

He sent the Queen mother to a separate palace until she repents. Even Duke Soler couldn't do anything this time due to clear evidence. I was really pleased with how things were going right now.

After the party I started taking classes on different subjects. I promised that I would take classes but the headmaster was too serious about my learning.

He brought his most prominent disciples for my tutoring. I started learning alphabets and writing sentences first because I can't just wait to write letters to Chris. 

Then there were classes for theology, philosophy and about other kingdoms. These all were over in 2 years and I started learning different subjects that should be taught in middle school. That was a piece of cake for me.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in".

"Brother, what are you doing?"

"Oh! Alex. I've just finished writing my letter."

"Then are you free right now? You don't have any classes right?"

I do have classes but I just can't ignore those puppy eyes.

"Hmm I did have classes but they were cancelled. Are you planning something?"

"Ahh brother, how do you know that I'm planning something. Don't tell me you can read minds now. Tell me how you know about it?"

"Don't shake me like that while talking. And I just guessed it right my cute little brother. Now tell me what you are planning about."

"I planned a lot of things. First let's play hide and seek in the garden till it's lunch time. After lunch, help me with learning piano. And after that could we bake something together. We can share it with our father, Empress mother and other workers."

"I see. You have planned a lot of things. Then what are we waiting here for, let's go to the garden."

We played hide and seek for three hours before it was lunch time. Oh God he always finds me so early and when it's my turn he just hides like a rat.

But I had so much fun which I never experienced in my previous life. And I'm seriously hungry after playing for three hours. Elli came to escort us to the dining hall for lunch.

Both mother and father had some work so they will have their meal in the office. So it's just me and Alex.

We had Chicken confit, Boeuf bourguignon and Croque monsieur. For dessert we had Souffle. After eating I finally got my life back in me.

"Brother let's go, you have to teach me piano. You promised."

"Ok ok let's go". 

We went to the piano room.

"What have you been learning in piano lessons recently?"

"It's fur elise."

"Wait, isn't it difficult for you."

"Umm teacher only taught me an easier version for beginners that is. I wanna perfect it."

"Let's perfect it." He nodded at my reply.

"No, play it again." It's been an hour and he is making the same mistake.

"Use the keys properly Alex. Play it again." Oh my god, how can he…

"You have played it so nice right now. Like completely perfected it."

"Really!!! I did it. Thank you brother, you are really a great help."

"Of course I am."

"So are we going to bake something?"

"Yup, let's go to the kitchen. It must be empty right now."

Sorry guys, I just said in enthusiasm that I would upload quickly but like all you get it right
'the excitement that exams are over.'
I finally got to sleep nicely for long hours and then when I started writing...it just clicked that my mind is blank so I read the story again to remember the progress and could finally write the next chapter.

Well yeah here it is.
Hope you like it
Please vote and comment
See ya in the next chapter (⁠~⁠‾⁠▿⁠‾⁠)⁠~