Thank you

"...And Bill slapped me." I finished explaining EVERYTHING to Vic, and when I turned to her her jaw literally dropped.

I could understand her, in her place I would have reacted the same way. "Shit. You've gotten yourself into trouble" she told me as soon as she found the words. I was about to cry again, but I would not have wasted more tears for those two assholes, especially for Tom who had already cried too much. "You know what? Tonight we're going to get drunk with... What was the manager's name? Maddie?"

"Yes, her name is Maddie. But tonight we just can't, we have to go out to dinner. With the whole band, me and her... Do you want to come?" Her eyes sparkled with happiness, but she couldn't show it because of me. "Of course, I'll protect you from those two idiots" and there she approached me to hug me, but I took her off. "No more hugs. Let's go to the nearest bar to have breakfast"
"Why not here?" I looked at her in amazement for a second. "Oh, right. Sorry".

I put on some denim shorts, a black top and over it I put on a white short-sleeved shirt with my usual Nikes. Then I also wore a black cap so people wouldn't see me, who by now knew I was Tokio Hotel's assistant. We took the elevator hoping we wouldn't meet certain Kaulitz twins along the way. Arriving at the exit, a crowd of paparazzi rushed Vic and me, leaving no room for us to exit. "Mia Torres!" everyone was yelling my name and i didn't even know why. "What's your relationship with Tom Kaulitz" they all shouted more or less things like this, always referring to me and Tom, but... Why? "Do you think you will end up like Marlene?" but who was Marlene? "I don't know what you're talking about! Now let us pass" I said trying to find a ride out of that crowd, but they didn't give me the chance.

A tall guy stood in front of me, and then started talking "The interview is over, now let us pass" then he turned to me, and I realized it was Tom. As soon as we saw him, Vic and I widened our eyes. What the fuck did he want now?We managed to open a path in the crowd thanks to Tom and started walking. "Thanks for the help, now you can also leave" I said turning to Tom. When I told him, I didn't even realize that he had already gone the other way. Luckily he had already figured it all out himself. "So what are you doing here?" I said to Vic, who was busy Googling something. "You'll never believe it!" she told me excitedly. "What?"

"Marlene was their assistant before you, and it says here that she had quite intimate relationships with Tom" what interested me? "It meant nothing to Tom, but she thought there was something more between them. When she came forward... Wow, there are tons of theories here as to what Tom did to her, but there is one that seems to be the true one." I turned to her in a daze. But what was she saying? "So?" I asked.

"It says here... That Tom beat her for making everyone think he too was in love with her" I couldn't believe it. Tom was a psychopathic asshole, but he was never going to be capable of that.
"It's impossible"
"Here it says so. Oh well forget it, now let's go to breakfast and then shopping" I smiled at her... But inside I couldn't help but think about it.

Vic and I bought two beautiful dresses for that evening: me a red fabric dress, which was tight at the waist and then flared out and reached below my knees, together with black heels. Instead, she bought a black dress crossed at the back with a bow and knee-length white boots.We decided to get ready at the hotel where Vic was staying, I didn't want to see those two for a second longer. She told me that a few days later she was going to San Francisco to visit her grandmother, the same city we were going to for the tour. I was happy for this thing, at least she would have been close to me for a while.

Georg sent me the address of the restaurant, so we took a taxi and went. It was a VIP restaurant, in fact it was almost completely empty. Our table was in the center of the room.

*TOM'S POV*

"Mia's on her way, and she's bringing her friend too" George said as he closed his phone and pocketed it.

In the meantime, we were all in front of the restaurant waiting for them. I was very much looking forward to her arrival, in fact I constantly looked at the clock and constantly tapped my foot on the ground while leaning against the wall of the restaurant. Bill and I hadn't spoken since morning, and maybe it was for the best...

I was scared of his angry version.

It felt weird because I was me and Bill was the always quiet and sweet one. But when he got pissed it was better to stay away from him. He was silent all day with the same expression.

Mia arrived with her friend, and she was gorgeous. That dress really looked great on her, and I almost didn't smile. Her instead, she did anything but smile. She looked distressed and I hated to see her that way, it was partly my fault and I hated myself. But I was also satisfied, because for the first time it wasn't just me who was hated, but Bill too. She hated him too.

We entered the restaurant and a waiter took us to the table Maddie reserved. She motioned Mia to sit between Bill and me. Holy shit. She had taken her by surprise. I turned to her, and she turned to her friend, who had a sorry face for Mia. Then we all sat down at the table.

Maddie, Georg, Gustav and Mia's friend Victoria were the ones talking the most; Mia, Bill and I didn't say anything. Not even a word. Also, since she and I were close, it was impossible not to touch. I literally did everything to avoid touching her. Mia suddenly snorted, and then spoke to all of us: "Who is Marlene?" we were all taken aback by her question. Especially Gustav for hearing his sister's name come out of her mouth. "Hum... She was their assistant before you" Maddie said. "And what relationship did she have with Tom?" when I heard her say my name I almost didn't miss a beat.

I had never heard her say it and how much I liked it when she did it, just not in this circumstance.

"Why doesn't anyone answer me?" she said. "We didn't have any particular relationship" I replied. I didn't want to talk to her about Marlene. She heard and didn't even turn to look at me. "Can someone for once not tell me a lie?" she said again, but no one answered her; so she got up from the table and left. I ran after her, then yelled her name and we stopped outside the restaurant entrance. "You don't answer me because you hit her, right?" fuck. She had read those fake news. "I've never touched her like everyone thinks. It's true, we were very close, but I never touched her. I don't even know why they came up with such a thing."

"I don't believe you" I couldn't blame her. It was obvious she couldn't believe me after our history, but I still did everything to convince her that I wasn't that kind of person. "You can ask anyone, especially Gustav. Marlene is his sister" she didn't know what to say anymore. She just stood there watching me as her cheeks got wet and her nose turned the same color as her dress. She lowered her head, slowly approaching me. "Why it always ends like this" she said between sobs.

It was there that she hugged me.

I couldn't believe it, her hugging me. A sense of warmth enveloped me, and in turn I enveloped her. For the first time, I felt good with her.

*MIA'S POV*

I hugged him, and I don't even know why. I just wanted to.

We went back to the hotel together by taking a taxi. The guys were all already there, what speed. I went immediately to my room, where Bill was already there, and took my pillow; he looked at me bewildered and followed me. We all ended up staying in the living room, then I spoke "George, can we swap rooms?" everyone looked at me dumbfounded. "Why do you want to sleep in the room with Gustav?" George asked me. "I don't want to sleep in the room with Gustav, I don't want to sleep with Bill" I said. My voice was ice. Bill went back to his room slamming the door, then George agreed.

I reached the room closing the door behind me, Gustav was already sitting in his bed under the covers reading a book. I positioned my pillow and lay down on the bed looking at the ceiling. "You're thinking about all the times you cried today, aren't you?" Gustav said. How did he know? "You don't have to be ashamed of it, it's good to cry" I already felt better thanks to him. "Sorry for what I said about your sister and Tom"
"Don't worry, it's the truth" I turned to him. "I know you less than the others, but I wish I had met you sooner" he smiled and set down the book turning towards me. "Thanks." We talked for a while about everything, even Maddie, and then he fell asleep and I went into the living room to check if Tom was awake. Yes he was.

"Thanks for the hug" I said, taking him by surprise. "Thanks to you" I smiled at him, and then went back to my room.