human.

2.8k Words

A/n - hi everyone! long time no see lol. this has been sitting here for a few weeks now, i've been debating on whether or not i like where this story is headed, but i really truly love it. 

that said, this chapter makes me nervous. like real nervous. and IM THE ONE WRITING IT. safe to say, there is a LOT in store for these two. despite the word count, this is just filler compared to whats coming. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s POV:

I was awoken the next morning by Anakin's soft breathing. My head rested against his chest and his arms were wrapped around me tightly.

It took me a moment to remember where I was and what had happened last night, but it all came flooding back to me.

I felt embarrassed almost instantaneously at the fact that I had allowed myself to indulge in this forbidden contact with him, and I knew I should probably get up and leave his room. But after the kindness he showed me last night, I saw him in a different light. As I said to him at the bar, he was more human than he had ever been with me before. Everything that happened afterward I just chalked up to the vulnerable and intoxicated state he was in.

The words he spoke to me before I fell asleep last night played over and over in my head like a mantra. 

You make things better.

I didn't want to think too much about it, but I found butterflies forming in my stomach as I thought of how he kissed my forehead after he spoke. I sighed softly as I nuzzled my head closer to his chest, closing my eyes and opting to stay here just for a little while longer. I felt his arms tighten his hold on me and I was lulled back into sleep by each rising and falling action of his chest. 

I woke up later in the day in Anakin's bed, which now only held me. The clock on the wall told me it was late in the afternoon, almost dinnertime. I slept all day. I sat up while yawning and stretching my arms, feeling a faint rumble in my stomach telling me it was time to eat something. I looked around the room expecting to see him somewhere, but to my dismay he was gone. I noticed my Jedi attire folded neatly on his desk, with a piece of paper on top. 

I made my way out of his bed and picked up the piece of paper,

Take the day off. Meet me in the dining hall tomorrow morning at 8 AM sharp.

- a

I smiled slightly at his messy cursive and the way he underlined 'sharp', almost as if he wanted to convey his tough exterior through the paper message. I slipped off the clothes he had given me last night and put my proper attire on, before slinking out of his room and beelining for the dining hall. My stomach was growling louder than it ever has before and I needed to eat something, like right now. Unfortunately, my journey was cut short as I heard someone calling my name. 

I turned around and saw Max standing near Anakin and I's bedrooms. His face in shock and confusion. 

Did he see me?

"What were you doing in Master Skywalker's room?" He asks sternly as he makes his way closer to me. I felt a pit of unease grow in my stomach as his expression turned quickly from shock to anger.

"I was just returning something of his. That's all." I said as I shrugged my shoulders and turned to resume my journey. 

I was stopped by his hand on my shoulder which spun me around to face him, his grip was uncomfortable and tight.