Chapter 32: End of a week, end of a war.

A/N: Damn if there's any Texas simp reading this i'm sorry... Don't worry she doesn't die or anything it's just now that i realize that i did her bad...

Chinatsu: Mommy? How did you meet Dad?

The young girl, who had been sitting on her mother's lap, raised her head, looking at the kirin. One would have expected that, being the product of a union between a kirin and a raceless, she would have only her mother's features. And yet, she was indeed born kirin, but instead of having the same skin tones as her mother, in magenta and pink, her skin was mixed with gray and black patterns. Just like her eyes, which were a sparkling green.

The kirin was surprised by such a sudden question, as the two watched the sunset over the horizon from one of the palace terraces, comfortably seated.

But the mother seemed to be thinking about how to tell the story.

Fumizuki: A long time ago... Before we even had the idea of having you, I was held prisoner at the top of a tower by a terrible dragon, and no one could free me... Not even your cousin, or Shirayuki...

Chinatsu: Really...?

The young girl asked doubtfully. Five years old and yet she had already inherited a sharp mind from her father...

Fumizuki: I swear, sweetheart... Then one fine day, when the town was in trouble, a knight arrived and rescued me from the tower.

Chinatsu: Was dad this knight?

she asked admiringly. To her, the fact that he was a knight was obvious; in this day and age, no one called him doctor anymore, but his martial talents were recognized, as was his armor.

Fumizuki: Yes. He was your father.

She said, amused. In the end, her story wasn't so far from reality.

Chinatsu: And it was love at first sight? Struck by love, just like in Shirayuki's stories!

This earned a laugh from the kirin. The passion for Higashian love stories was something the girl's bodyguard and godmother had instilled in her protégée...

Fumizuki: Not exactly... it took me a long time to fall in love with your dad. But after a while I was so in love with him that I couldn't go a day or a night without thinking about him. At some point we kissed... We defeated my dragon together, we got married. And some time later, you little demon came along...

She said, touching her daughter's nose with the tip of her finger. Earning a small giggle from the girl.

Chinatsu: It's a nice story...

Fumizuki: Hm hm...

Chinatsu: I love you, Mom.

Fumizuki: I also love you from the bottom of my heart, my dear...

She said, holding her pulpit tightly in her arms. Feeling at the height of her joy.

Fumizuki: Let's wait for your father a little longer.

?????????: I don't think this will be necessary.

The young woman turned, like her daughter, to look at her husband. His hair as black as ebony, and his eyes, greener than precious stones.

Chinatsu: Daddy!!!

The girl leapt from her mother's lap to run to her father, the giant stooping and opening his arms for his daughter. The two embraced, then the giant stood up and spun around, drawing a laugh from his child.