17.

Shanell
5am

"I don't know about this again, Milan."

"Last time traumatized me for real but I really don't want you to have to go by yourself, sis."

"Plus I'm tired."

"It's 5 in the morning." Halima went on complaining to Milan as her, Milan and I all made our way down to the hood, showing her where Delante's opps were.

We both knew that it wasn't right but Milan was so pissed off that there was nothing else we could do about it but give her the tools she needed for her get back.

We'd tried our hardest to stop her but she'd ended up cursing us both out when we did. She wasn't playing at all, considering she was pregnant with Delante's baby and she wanted revenge. From him putting hands on her and him pretending to be a person he obviously wasn't in front of her face.

So Milan ignored her as I continued on driving her to the block she so desperately wanted to be on. And as soon as we arrived, there were a bunch of guys standing outside on it and on the corner, looking directly at my car.

"It's right here." Was all I said to her as I came to a complete stop and guys immediately started walking up to my car when I did.

"What's up—"

"—who that?" They wasted no time asking and I sat there a while, scared shitless, seeing one of the familiar faces from the last time we'd done this. All before Milan called for me to roll the window down.

"Hey, I'm Milan." She spoke over my shoulder as she got up from her seat, leaning out of my driver's side window now.

"What's up, Milan?"

"Where you from?" The guy ended up asking her as she smiled and he did the same before she replied to him with her neighborhood.

Halima couldn't help but to look at me when she did, as all of this guy's friends started crowding behind him and around my car. As soon as they did though, another one of his friends furrowed his eyebrows once he looked over my face for a split second.

"Pause."

"That's BG." His friend went on telling, tapping the one who was talking rapidly and I sighed deeply to myself before they all started looking hard at me to get a good look of me.

"Aw shit."

"Nah, get off the block."  The main guy spoke immediately, dismissing us all now and I can't even lie, I was happy when he did.

I did not want to be over here anyway.

"I ain't even tryna be in no more shit with them niggas."

"We lost too many niggas behind that shit last time." Was all, the guy that was talking to Milan, said as he tapped my car twice, obviously telling us to leave now.

"Wait, no!" Milan spoke drunkly though as she quickly sat back in her chair. All before she took her seatbelt off and quickly opened the back door to get out.

"Milan!" Lima and I called after her but she didn't listen to us at all as she ran after the boy that she was just talking to, following him into the house they were all going inside of.

"Oh my god, Lima." I looked back at Lima as she sat there, obviously scared just like I was but I knew we couldn't leave this girl.

Not when she's pregnant with Lima's niece or nephew and my daughter's little cousin. We couldn't just leave her here, especially not when she was irresponsibly drunk at that.