Prologue Idea???

This may or may not end up actually becoming a part of the prologue. So think of it as a lil sneak peak. I'll delete this when the prologue actually comes out, so enjoy the lil preview.

Get some hydration and stay healthy everyone! 🤍

—————

—————

My eyes opened. The cooler air of the blue biome gilded around me, as smooth as a crow on a dawn's ocean breeze. My hand pressed up against the earth, my legs straining to lift me.

I at last stood up, taking in my surroundings for a moment. I was in a small crook in the netherrack against the wall. So I crawled out, my thin tail whipping from side to side behind me.

It dashed against the edges of my small tunnelish domain, becoming a sensor of sorts.

When I felt the breeze graze my face, I stood up, using my knee as balance for a moment as I rose to my two feet. My tail, lashing and sweeping the ground behind me like a broom.

My elf-like ears pricked up at the sound of panting in the distance. It was unusual to spot many entities with such irregular breathing patterns in the blue biome I resided in.

Most enderman, like me, had regular respiratory rhythms. Their breaths I found rather soothing. The purple humming aura they emitted gave me a cold comfort.

I glanced around to find a young boy staring at me. He had a snout and tusks, showing his piglin relations. However, his stature did not match that of a piglin, but rather that of a man.

He didn't appear fully grown. His shoulders seemed more tensed and sharper, and his face was rounder than that of a piglin, showing both his youth and his unusual, yet unique bloodline.

The most unusual part of his appearance were his bloodied Ruby eyes. They flowed with rage and glowed with a Hellish haze hotter than the bottom of a lava lake.

Then, something rather intriguing happened. This young man of such eye candy had a flicker of relief and emotion flash across his face as the reddish coloration of his eyes lifted revealing glowing white globes of sight.

He stared at me, his gaze taking in my face, specifically my paler half. His curiosity was another undoubtable bit of evidence that this young piglin hybrid was not fully grown.

The glow of curiosity and wonder in his eyes was washed from the skulls of adults. It was a child-like wonder of an intelligent young man.

I felt a strangely frigid sensation creep in between the trees. We held eye contact, contributing to my uneasiness at his appearance.

The reddish Ruby gaze returned in his eyes, slamming down as he straightened up, looking far less child-like than he had previously.

His head snapped up and he wrenched himself from his resting place to loom above me. I let out a squeak of terror, feeling my chest tighten and my tails rhythmic swaying slow down.

Instead of launching himself at me, my vision flashed down at a scraping noise as his hoof twisted on the dry cracked stone as he desperately flung himself away from me and into the distance.

His heart seemed set on a survival urge stronger than love. Despite his obvious exhaustion he ran faster than the speed at which he had arrived, skidding past blobs of sentient darkened magma and narrowly avoiding pits of lava.

I glanced back at my tunnel, feeling a hint of relief as the prolonged eye-contact ended with my companions' sudden departure. The frigid death-like sensation that creeped and oozed from where he had once come from lit my nerves ablaze with soul fire.

Everything in me screamed to hide away from the feeling. And so I did. I turned tail at once, crawling and scratching my way back to safety in my small tunnel.

I never knew what chased the young hybrid teen that day, nor where he was running too. However later on in life, though I wouldn't remember this moment in the slightest.

I would know this young teen boy by heart as my teacher, my sensei, and my arctic guide. I would know him by many names and many titles.

But all that mattered to me at the moment was my utmost safety from the creeping blackness that screeched through the trees. The utter wrongness struck silent through the Nether.

Whatever had arrived here, whatever was chasing that young man, and whatever had chased me back into hiding once more, was of another dimension, another world, another level that I was unable and unprepared to face.

It did not belong.

————————

5-year time skip

————————

I let out a giggle as my hand dragged across the baby strider's back. His fish-like skin was smooth and dry.

My legs dangled close to the lava pool I was resting at. And I was speaking to a young baby strider.

He was telling stories about Nether travelers and how his parents often helped with travel across lava to those who couldn't stand its staggeringly high temperatures.

"☊⏃⋏ ⟟ ⌇⟒⟒ ⍙⊑⏃⏁ ⟟⏁ ⟟⌇ ⌰⟟☍⟒ ⏁⍜

⍙⏃⌰☍ ⍜⎐⟒⍀ ⏁⊑⟒ ⌰⏃⎐⏃?"

(Translation: Can I see what it is like to ride over the lava?)

I asked, feeling a heavy sense of gratitude for my friend's understanding of the Ender language. It was a complex language of many hard to decipher sounds and it was often described as verbal cursive.

He nodded and walked a little closer to the edge of the lava pool. Though it was a short trip, I could sense his discomfort at the lack of heat so close to the shore. So I took a step onto his back.

A rippling torrent of heat lashed out at me as I managed to settle on his back. Sitting with my legs tangled together atop my mighty steed.

(In case you are wondering, he's sitting criss-cross applesauce. 🥹)

He was smiling, proud to have a rider to take over the lava. This specific young strider strived to be like his parents, humble helpers to those who crossed the Netherworld.

He began to stride across the lava, his otherworldly sense of balance across such a dangerous surface had still gone unstudied and unknown.

I felt the original sensation of scorching and bubbling heat subside. My internal temperature settled and maintained itself.

With a rush of childish behavior and impatience and impulsivity, I untied my legs and stood up to balance. A wave of uncertainty ripples through my chest as adrenaline boosted me taller.

I was stood up on my friend's back and I could see miles down the lava. I could see other strider families and even a traveler of the Nether! He was taller and had curly brown hair.

He had a unique navy blue coat of sorts with a white button-up shirt underneath. On the shoulder of his uniform rested a flag of sorts, but I was too far away to see the exact details. (May it be noted that this is actually Wilbur.)

(Words: 1136)

(Reason for writing: Beginning to start the prologue due on August first as well as practicing authors notes and working on splitting my paragraphs better.)