Chapter 1

Cassie

Today is the day, new school, new people, some girl I know thanks to my bestie, Thomas, I'm ready for this! I'm still laying in bed, but who cares? The only thing I need now is confidence, I can do this, I can do this!

I get up, open my closet and grab the outfit I prepared yesterday, my favorite shirt, a black, sleeveless tank top that showed my belly bottom, and a pair of baggy jeans, basic jean blue, like most jeans. Being basic is my thing sometimes.

I tip toe to the bathroom after getting dressed, not wanting to wake up my father, always in a bad mood, don't want to get into trouble right now. I stand in front in the mirror, looking at myself with a smirk, I have this! My reflection shows a confident me, peanut brown eyes that are turning honey brown with the yellowish bathroom light, my wavy, brown hair loose over my shoulders, appearing an orangey color, and my natural blush, credit to puberty for that, over my tan cheeks.

Half and hour before I have to be there, and... five minutes until I have to meet up with Angeline?! Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot! I sprint through the door, giving my Spaniel Breton a good morning forehead kiss and grabbing my keys. Lucky me, we wanted to meet at the café near my house.

As I jog to the café I see her, a female with gorgeous, curly, blonde hair, gathered in a high ponytail, a pair of baby blue eyes, shining in the sunlight. Her eyeliner uneven, but clean on both her eyes, and an iced coffee, resting on the table she was sitting on.

-You!- She gets up and walks towards me, her face full of fake disappointment. -Why are you so late, girl? One minute late, you should be ashamed, young lady-

A soft laugh escapes my lips. -I'm sorry, Angeline. Time flew by and I didn't notice.

Angeline scoffs -Shame on you, shame- Dramatic personality, that was her signature trait. After a quick, but effective, talk about punctuality, we make our way to my new high school. Excitement runs through my blueish veins, as well as preoccupation.

Ten minutes later, we arrive. A huge crowd awaits for us, even though we are ten minutes early, everyone is gathered in the outdoor basketball court. Gossip is in the air today.

-They are talking about some new teacher, people say he is super duper strict, and goes by the rules of favoritism- Angeline whispers, her face an inch away from my ear, our shoulders pressed together. -Lucky you- She winks at me, then takes a step to the side, leaving a space between both of us.

Before I have anytime to think, some teachers come out of one of the three buildings, the one were most students take their classes, and were the principal's office, teachers' room, and everything else related to people that work here is located.

-Hi everyone, welcome to a new year of high school...- Blah blah blah, the teacher's speech isn't important anyway, why would I even listen to it? It's always the same.

After what felt like forever, she finally takes out a sheet of paper, and starts assigning people to one of the four classes, A, B, C, or D.

-Angeline Swayer, class B- Shoot, no friends in class. -Now, we start with class C...- If I don't have Angeline with me, who am I gonna talk to? What am I gonna do--

-Hey, are you okay?- Some random dude voice whispers.

Before I can even say a single word, something else catches my attention -Cassie Miller, class C- Oh, cool, I guess. I walk up the stairs, finding myself in a covered outdoor part that welcomes you to the building's door. Some other students are gathered there already, waiting for someone to lead us to our homeroom.

-Hey, Cassie, right?- I get interrupted from my train of thoughts, noticing the familiar voice from before. When I look up, I catch sight of a tall guy, maybe 1.85 meters tall. His soft, green eyes looking at me.

-Yeah, why?- I reply, my eyes scanning his physique, as well as his features. His dark chocolate hair, nicely kept in a low ponytail. Messy bangs hanging from the sides of his face. A row of freckles resting on the bridge of his nose and cheeks. His lips are thin, but make his smile pop out. The semi tight, white shirt he is wearing makes his muscles pop, as well as his exposed arms. Grey shorts rest on his waist, and a pair of black, red, and white Jordans complete the outfit.

-You good? You seemed... Stressed- He gives me a soft smile, trying to make me feel better, I guess.

-Who are you?- I give him a questioning gaze, realizing how much of a dick move that was.

-Alec, now, back to my question--

Before I can even answer, we are taken to the homeroom, guess he'll have to wait for an answer, what a shame.

HIIIIII, FINALLY DONE WITH THIS, YAYYYYY. I know it's a little long, but I just wanted you to meet Cassie as a person an friend :D.