Chapter 5

.

.

.

"Listen." Seokjin started, "You don't have to do anything this late, just sleep tonight and go back to school tomorrow."

"What?!"

Jungkook swears he can hear Seokjin say 'I told you to listen, didn't I?' sarcastically on his head right now,--and in time with the eye roll--but no, he didn't ask that because he didn't hear Seokjin's words. He actually asked that because he thinks he heard him wrong and he's giving him a chance to correct it.

"What did you just say hyung?"

"I said go back to school tomorrow." Seokjin repeated.

"Oh! I-I can't do that hyu--I mean, Seok--ji--bro--gosh!" He end up stuttering, because he still doesn't know how to address the older, "I-I'm sorry, what I'm saying is that, I can't do that right now. I'm already a drop out and--"

"I've talked to the faculty already." Seokjin cuts off, "they're not gonna record you as a drop out if you'll show up tomorrow and continue the school year so you should--"

"I still can't do that." Jungkook cuts off too. Looking at anything that is not Seokjin.

"Why?"

"First, Grandpa is still here. He'll need my help so I can't leave for long. Then, the hospital bill! I-I need to find ways to pay th--"

"I'll pay it." Seokjin cuts off again, leaning back on his chair now, like he is a king who can give everything Jungkook would ask for at this moment.

Technically, he can.

"I'll assign a personal nurse for grandpa too and I'll even give you a monthly allowance so you wouldn't need to worry about getting a part time while studying. I'll keep doing all of that till you graduate and get a good job."

Jungkook's already big bambi eyes gets wider and wider as he listens to Seokjin's tempting pile of offers.

"If you need a better house, I can provide one too. Good books, good food, and even a good clothes and school materials. All you'll have to do is study well and graduate college."

Unfortunately, Jungkook was taught, since his younger age, that when the offer is too good to be true, then it's probably a scam or worth more than what you're willing to pay so,

"Why would you do that for me?" he can't help but ask.

"I'm actually doing this for grandpa." Seokjin started, "But I also know that all those years would cost me a lot of money, so I'm gonna need you to do your best and earn a big amount of money after you graduate so you can repay me fair and square."

"So it's like a loan?"

Seokjin nods, pulling out his phone to show a file to the younger.

"That would be our contract. Sign it and all your problems would be solved."

As expected. It's like father like son.

....

"Oh! Whoa whoa whoa! You really showed up?"

Jungkook just rolled his eyes.

"O--Yah! You can't treat your friend like that brat!"

"You just made a stupid question, how should he react?"

Jungkook doesn't know when Yoongi started hanging out with his friends, but just by looking at how the older comfortably sits on Jimin's desk right now, makes him think he misses a lot.