Jealousy (Vessel)

Summary: Vessel and you hate each other, yet for some reason he is jealous of your ex

Notes: This story is longer than I thought, have fun with it
---------------------------------------------

"Shit, there's my ex." You point to a small group of five people moving toward you. All of them are wearing a ribbon with a card around their necks. It says VIP in large letters.

"That's your ex?" Vessel utters, a slight hint of jealousy in his voice. His white mask stares toward the group. "You used to date that guy? He looks like he just robbed a bank." You can literally imagine his appraising look under the mask.

Your ex is wearing a tank top, tattooed arms peek out. It's true, he does look a bit like a criminal. Luke, that's his name, obviously sees you because his expression getting darker.

You punch Vessel in the arm. He grabs you gently by the wrists, preventing you from hitting him further.

"Do you have something against my taste in men?" You glare at him. You don't like each other much. You're here mostly just for III and the others.

"He's just... I don't know." Vessel lets go of your wrists after he realizes that you don't want to hit him again.

You want to answer but are interrupted by III. "Argue later. The group is coming to us now."

You know people want to meet the members. For this reason, you want to move aside, but an arm suddenly wraps around your shoulder. It's not III, II or IV. No, it's Vessel. He pulls you to his black chest.

'What is he doing?' You think to yourself. You just want to get away from your ex and try to push Vessel away. But he holds you in place. "Let go of me." You whisper softly.

"Just play along." He answers. You frown. "Trust me."

The group is in front of you now. You force a smile. The group leader passes the floor to Vessel. Immediately he starts giving a short speech about the band, songs and Sleep.

All the while you feel the piercing gaze of your ex on you. Vessel seems to mind, because he lets his arm slide from your shoulder to your hip and pulls you closer to him.

You open your eyes and look for help to III, who shakes his head, his eyes apologetic.

"Thanks for coming." With these words he ends his speech. After that, there is enough time for people to take pictures with the band.

But now you finally break away from Vessel. You stand to the side, wait until everyone has received their photo. Unfortunately, your ex was the first to take one and then stood next to you.

"Are you dating him now?" He asks in no uncertain terms. You look to the side and try to ignore him. "Does he love you more than I ever did?"

Your head snaps up. "Why do you care? You broke up with me!" You emphasize the word you.

"He's so different, not your type at all." He says, almost disgusted.

"I can love who I..."

A big hand suddenly slips into yours. "Babe, is everything okay? Do you know this man?" Vessel asks you worried. You don't know if it's real or fake. If it's an act, he's very good at it.

You still hate him but he saves you from your ex so you look at him gratefully. "Yeah, that's my ex. I didn't know he was a fan of your band, honey."

Vessel nods and holds out his free hand. "Nice to meet you...?"

"Luke."

You watch the scenario unfold. Luke and Vessel's hand join in greeting. As they do so, Vessel literally crushes the hand of his counterpart.