I Don't Wanna Be Me

"I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be me, I don't wanna be
Me anymore
Ever throwing at his home
Two glass houses, twenty stones
Fourteen yellow, six are blue
Could it be worse? Quite doubtful"- Type O Negative
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up like any other day, a hot mess. My dark chestnut hair that once was long that was beginning to grow back was looming over my eyes as I shuffled myself out off my messy bed. I brushed it out of my face and hoped I could find my glasses. My hand gravitated itself to my nightstand and picked up my glasses before putting them on and stretching my arms. After looking around for a moment I noticed that my flannel comforter to the right of me clinging to the bed as it was half on the floor. I smiled and shook my head, I always kick off my blankets. I must run in my sleep or something.

My doziness was soon interrupted as I heard a loud howl. It was definitely my neighbor, his wolf must be taking control of his body. Soon, a loud bang came from the door to my apartment, I took a deep breath and got out of bed. I looked at my living room, it was bare besides some bean bags on the ground in front of a TV with my game consoles hooked up. I used to have a loveseat for guests but a werewolf that I was friends with ripped it up in what's called a "moon fever" haze after I let him stay the night. He tried to give me his own couch but I made him keep it since it was the only furniture he had.

I opened the door to my apartment space and at the other side was my werewolf neighbor, Jake. His wolf who called himself Ajax had taken over. He was only wearing ripped up boxers, his muscled body covered in hair and sweat was all that I saw. I would have to peak out the door and look up to catch a glimpse of his face. I didn't want look at his terrifying wolf face and instead looked at what he was holding in front of me. A mug full of steaming hot coffee. I heard him growl the phlegm out of his throat, I stayed quiet already knowing what he wanted.

"Sugar?" He asked in his deep and scratchy voice. "Sure. Do you want milk or cream as well?" I asked. My time spent as a waiter at a small diner took over my vocabulary. I wanted to slam the door as it was only 5 in the morning, but it was kinda cute he did this every morning. Frustrating, but cute.
"No, Cutie. Only sugar." was his response. I nodded and began to walk away into the kitchen after grabbing the mug from him.

I looked over my shoulder to tell him to stay there but it was too late as I saw him strutting in like he payed my rent. When he caught me looking, he smirked and flexed his muscled bicep. He was obviously flirting, it was too early in the morning to deal with him. I ignored it which earned an annoyed growl from the wolf. I put a few hefty spoons full of sugar in his coffee like his he wanted every other morning and went to give it back to him.

As I handed the hot mug back to him, he grabbed my other hand and rubbed it against his stubble covered cheek and bestowed a kiss onto my pale hand, his long canines barely grazing the flesh. I forced myself to not resist as last time I did, he grabbed my hair roughly and snarled deep into my face. I still cannot get his angered face out my memory. "Thanks, Cutie." He finally told me before beginning to walk out. He knew I was likely going to begin getting ready for work. Does this creep know my schedule?

Before he walked out, he turned to face me once again, his razor teeth in a sly smile. He leaned against my apartment door with his back and looked deeply at my figure, drinking it in. He took his right hand and moved it to his mouth before licking his palm and covering it with spit. He then used it to wipe his hair back. "When is Cutie gonna let his wolf take him to dinner?" He asked with a wink and his chest puffing out. I eternally groaned.

Jake/Ajax is an unmated werewolf. If a were is unmated, they are allowed to flirt and start relationships with other unmated wolves and humans. Thankfully they are not allowed to kidnap humans that they are not mated to through the unbreakable mating bond. We're not mated, thankfully, and he was already this possessive. I shuddered at the thought of how possessive real mated wolves are. Hell, Jake couldn't stand when I had friends over that were human. He somehow always needed to borrow something or wanted to chit-chat.

I remember one time when he interrupted a grouping of my friends who were watching every horror movie I had. It was Jake instead of Ajax, and he stood in the doorway with his arms crossed disapprovingly. "Yes?" I asked him. "You could have asked me to come over. I can hear the screams through the walls. When the scariest parts come on and you need someone to comfort you, you gonna jump into the arms of one of these humans? And what the hell is that smell?" He asked, a deep growl escaping his throat. "I guess so" I told him before closing and locking the door. He knocked several other times but after ignoring it for awhile, he eventually left.

I looked at the wolf before me and sighed. "We will see, Ajax. I don't always have weekend nights off" I lied. Ajax walked closer and sneered. "You always have Friday night off. And sometimes Saturday night. Cutie shouldn't lie to his wolf, it makes him angry." He growled at me. The clingy wolf does know my schedule!

"I'm sorry." I mumbled trying to think of how the hell I was going to get out of this. "You're a very sweet wolf but what if we find out I'm mated? Or you somehow find your destined mate? We can both be pulled into court. What if my mate challenges you? You could be seriously hurt or worse!" I exclaimed, utilizing my acting lessons from summer camp when I was younger. Ajax instantly clung to me and held my body in his torso as he rocked us back and forth.

"Cutie is alright. His wolf is here." Ajax softly spoke. He then leaned down and hissed the top of my head. "Does Cutie need to be walked to work?" He asked me. I shook my head no in his naked stomach. He let go and grabbed my face before landing a wet kiss on my cheek. "Have a good day, Cutie. Your wolf will be next door when you get home." He told me. I meekly nodded and let him walk away.

I sighed and began to get ready for work after shutting the door.