Chapter 2 || Failed Studying

"I don't understand how people can wake up this early just to go to school."

Y/N had woken up early and couldn't go back to sleep so he decided to just go to school early, and get a good start on the day! What he didn't expect was to see Saiki, Nendou, and Kaidou walking ahead of him!

I didn't know they lived near me. Y/N thought to himself. He began jogging to catch up with his new friends, confused, but still happy to see them all.

"Hey, buddy! Where did you come from?" Nendou asked looking around confused.

Sigh, poor stupid Nendou... Not in a mean way of course! Y/N mentally laughed at Nendou.

"Hey guys! I didn't know you guys lived near here. My house is literally just down the street!" I mean, if I had known maybe I would have tried walking early to school more. The boy thought to himself, mentally cursing for waking up so late on most mornings.

"You live around here buddy?! Cool!" Nendou said in delight.

Kaidou went on about how it was fate that they all lived next to each other and how they were all destined to be great heroes or something. Saiki looked mildly annoyed at the group growing but didn't say anything and just kept walking.

How lucky of him to figure out his new friends walk on the same route to school as him.

-

Lunch rolled around and Y/N began looking for his other friends who he had planned to sit with for lunch but he couldn't find them anywhere. Did they choose a new spot and forget to tell me? Where did they go? He thought, looking around annoyed. They weren't in the classroom, the lunchroom, the courtyard, anywhere!

He did manage, however, to find Kaidou, Nendou, Saiki, and even Toritsuka all eating lunch together. Toritsuka didn't often sit with the group he noticed probably because he also had other friends.

Maybe he couldn't find his friends either?

As he walked up to them asking to eat with them, he realized that this group was starting to become his new normal group. He hadn't sat with his friends for what-2 or 3 days now?

"I'm totally screwed for the test tomorrow" Toritsuka groaned, looking dejected. He had been complaining to Y/N all week about it but turned down any attempts of Y/N offering to help him study.

Kaidou's eyes widened as he was about to take another bite of his food, "That's tomorrow?!" he said, looking as if he was about to pull out the textbook and start reviewing right then and there out of panic.

"Oh right, I forgot about that-I'm sure it'll be fine. It's just a small test" Nendou chimed in.

"This test is 15% of this term's grade."

How 2 people out of this group had managed to somehow forget about this very large test that was very important to their grades, Y/N may never know.

Kaido tried to make everyone feel better by saying, "15% isn't that much-there's still the rest of the grades" but it didn't help much considering his grades were already pretty low so this test would probably kill him.

"Nope, we're screwed" Toritsuka put his head down on the table in defeat.

"No, you guys are screwed, Some of us actually studied" Y/N sighed, disappointed in all of them for how unprepared they all were.

Y/N saying that seemed to give Toritsuka an idea though, "What if you help us all study after school today? You too Saiki, we need all the help we can get!" he said, suddenly beaming with hope,