1.

Invasion.

That's what was happening today. That's what was all around me. Walking into work today, I was expecting chaos. Just, not this much.

Alex and I walked in per usual talking about the littlest things. We breathed in the air of the hospital. Hearing the chatter. The ringing of the phones. Pagers ringing. Home.

We entered an elevator, minding our own business as a guy with orange scrubs stopped the elevator. Alex and I glance at each other in confusion, as another man with orange scrubs enters our elevator. I stare at them, running them up and down. I admit, I smiled a little. New competition.

Oh how I wish Mer could see this.

I walk into the locker room, orange surrounding every corner. There's going to be more cuts, there has to be there's way too many of us.

I see blue peaking behind the orange. Izzie's peachfuzz catches my eye, and I shimmy my way towards her.

Yes, me and Izzie haven't had the best past but, the enemy of my enemy is my friend right?

I get there right as a girl with a pixie cut puts her things in George's locker. Oh this is gonna be a good one.

"Oh, hey. You can't put that in there." Izzie notices, her tone sincere. Izzie's nice when you get to know her. Though you do one thing wrong and shes an annoying cunt who can't seem to get her way.

"Oh, they told us to grab a cubby." The girl replies.

"Yeah I know. It's just.." Izzie sighs. "We keep it empty for a reason. Can you just take your stuff out? There are some empty ones over there you can use." Izzie smiles.

"I don't think so."

What.

I'm sorry I don't like Izzie either but she asked?? Politely??

"Hey, she was nice about it, can't you just find a new cubby?" I start.

"No."

I look up to the girl next to her. She looks.. weak.

"Just take it out." I say. The small one looks to the other.

"Great. I got the crazy one next to me."

The other one giggles. I look down towards Izzie who's obviously fed up.

"Oh, you wanna fight? Cause I will." Izzie instigates just as Alex walks in. I back away, I'm not about to be caught up in another Alex and Izzie argument.

I leave right as I hear the "Izzie, Iz" fall out of Alex's mouth.

I find Christina, Lexie, Alex, and Izzie at the catwalk later, and stare at the orange filling in.

"They took George's cubby."

"They're locusts. Comfortable locusts feeding on our surgeries." Meredith goes sitting from her bed. We've all gathered in her room staring out of the window.

"It's rude." Izzie goes. I roll my eyes.

"I see it as better competition. No offense to you guys but, I already know all of your moves."

Izzie continues disregarding what I said. "There should be at least a couple days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table."

"What's with the orange scrubs?" Lexie asks as she peers through the blinds. "What? Ours aren't good enough for them?"

"We ran out. They're on back order. Randall from the supply company says there'll be here in a week." Mer replies.

I grab Alex's apple from his hand and take a bite. I had it back to him feeling Izzie stare daggers into me.

I admit I do tend to play with Alex just to get on Izzie's nerves but honestly, I think Alex does it intentionally too. It's really funny to get a rise out of her.

"Why bother new ones?" One of the residents from Lexie's year asks. "We could just give these to our replacements."

I glare at him. No drive that year. It's a shock Lexie made it out a promising surgeon.

Alex rolls his eyes. "We're not gonna be replaced by anybody."

"If I have to become a coroner-"

"No one is becoming a corner! Someone, tell him!" I protest.

"Tell him what? They're here. It's over" Christina replies. I gleam at her in shock. Out of all people to have no faith, it's a miracle she's one.

"Hey. We are not some stupid hosts. They can't invade us. They can't attach themselves to our faces." Mer exclaims from her bed. Even after a surgery, at least she has hope. "And then while we're eating spaghetti, explode out of our chests and skitter across the floor."

What?

"I think what she was trying to say is, this is our ship." I translate. The others nod in my direction.

"This. Is our. Ship." Mer replies from behind me.

"Are you quoting a movie?" Lexie asks with a smirk on her face.

"Leave Mer alone, she's been living in this hospital." I say trying to defend her though the smile on my face didn't do much in her favor.

"That's what happens when you live here. You watch a loooot of TV." Izzie helps. I throw a smile her way, her rolling her eyes at the gesture.

"We own this hospital. We were born in this hospital. And we will hold this hospital with our last gasping breath." Meredith closes, finally finishing her speech.

"I really need whatever meds they have you on." I giggle.

I walk down to the pit, knowing there has to be something surgical down there. Watching my feet as I walk, I run into orange.

"Woah. Sorry, I didn't mean to uh.."

I look at the stranger. He was the one from the elevator this morning. Never realized how.. gorgeous his eyes were.

"Walk right into me? It's all good don't worry about it Dr.." He looks down to my ID "Baker."

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you Dr.." I look down towards his ID. My eyes practically bulge out of my head. "You're an Avery?"

"Great. Not this."

"No! I mean we have a lot of surgical heirs in this hospital. No we don't. Maybe we do? I don't know. Meredith Grey works here! Ellis Grey's daughter you guys should totally bond over having to carry a fancy name like that." I mention, a smile on my face.

He scans me. Looking me up and down. Trying to see if I was a threat.

"You're interesting, you know that Dr Baker?"

"I sure do, Dr Avery."

I walk off, leaving him alone tending to himself.

(1121 Words)

A/N: I didn't realize how silly this would be till I got done writinf this. Guys I'm genuinely in shock w how long this may take me. I havent fully gotten through the episode and I'm like this is a good chapter 👍👍

(Unedited)