I'll Never Let Go (part 1)

Carmen is away on a caper and you are stuck at hq. There is nothing to do, and you are very worried for Carm. The last thing you heard from the team was days ago, and you are starting to panic. What if Coach Brunt shows up? She almost broke Carmen's ribs last time. You couldn't stand to see her in pain like that.

You decided to wander around hq, not really thinking straight. When was the last time you ate? You couldn't remember, but you were so nervous, you'd probably just throw up. Eventually, you just sat down on the couch and watched some tv.

By the time you woke up, it was dark out, and still no Carmen. You checked your laptop, and found Player trying to check in!

You answered immediately. "Wheres Carm, is she ok?" You asked, your stomach felt as if it was doing backflips. "Whoa, calm down," Player replied. "She's fine... for now." He added much quieter. "WHAT? Why? You practically yelled. You could feel tears burning in your eyes and you couldn't swallow, there was a lump in your throat.

"I swear, if it's Coach Brunt again..." You trailed off, and Player just winced. "Shit. It is, isn't it." You muttered, sounding defeated. "Carm's not strong enough to face her yet, wasn't it just supposed to be a stealth mission?" The tears threatened to spill down your face. You couldn't stop one, and it trickled silently down your cheek.

"Carm's against Coach right now," Player began. "She's holding up, but I don't know how much longer she can last," he trailed off. You slammed your laptop shut as hard as you could, screaming. The tears raced down your face, no longer able to be held back. Truthfully, you didn't want anyone to see you like this. You usually put up your guard, hiding your emotions. Nobody knew your biggest secret... you had major feelings for Carmen. You tried not to show them, but every day, you felt as if your heart were breaking, and you were terrified of being rejected. You didn't know if she felt the same...

You tried to dry your eyes, moving up to Carmen's room. It still smelled like her, despite her being gone for a few days. You fell to your knees in the middle of the room, it felt as if she was there and gone at the same time. 

TIME SKIP

You woke a few hours later. It was beginning to be light out again, and you were stiff after sleeping on the floor in Carmen's room. Wondering what woke you, you exited the room, rubbing your eyes, still red from crying. You walked back to the entry, thinking you heard footsteps.

You turned the corner and saw a blur of red through your teary eyes. "Oh my god, you're back", you exclaimed but stopped dead in your tracks, seeing it was Zack and Ivy carrying an unconscious Carmen between them. "Is, um, she.." you trailed off, not able to finish, the lump in your throat had returned.

"She's alive, but just barely," Ivy spoke quietly. Zack, for once, didn't have anything to say. "Will she, um, get better?" Your voice broke on the last words. You were met with silence, neither twin having an answer. The three of you walked carefully with Carmen's limp body, to her room, where she was gently set into her bed. Zack and Ivy left the room, giving you some privacy with her.

You sat down on a chair next to her bed. "Hey, Carm," you whispered softly to her. "Um, it's me, y/n. Please get better, I- I don't know what I would do without you." Your voice cracked as you gently took her lifeless hand in yours, gently kissing it. You swore silently never to let go of her again.