Poor Yumi Pt.1

Plot: Yumichika wakes up feeling
awfully nauseous and sick.
Ikkaku tries to convince his
lover to stay home and rest
but Yumichika insists on
helping Ikkaku babysit
Yachiru.It doesn't end so
well.

Warnings: vomiting, fainting.

Please don't read if you are uncomfortable with these subjects.
(SOFT IKKAKU:])
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

No one's POV
It was about 6:15AM way to early for the two lovers to normally arise. But definitely not this morning.
This morning Ikkaku was awaken by gross choking sounds coming from the bathroom. His first thought was to scold Yumichika for disturbing his sleep but he then realized that his girlfriend wasn't next to him. 'shit'. Ikkaku quickly got up and rushed to the bathroom where the sounds were coming from.

When Ikkaku opened the bathroom door the site he saw was heart clenching. His normally so cocky and bitchy Yumichika was crouched down on the floor ,head in the toilet, expelling all her dinner. And if Ikkaku was hearing right it sounded like the girl was sobbing as well.
He wasn't completely sure how to react but he wanted to help his lover feel even just a little bit better. He walked closer to Yumichika and placed a comforting hand on her back. "Hey,Yumi. You alright?" He received a scorching glare from the younger. "D-does it look like I-i'm-"the girl was cut short when a dry heave tore through her body. Ikkaku knew it was a stupid question but he didn't know what else to say. He didn't say anything, instead he rubbed his lover's back. After some time, it looked like Yumichika was empty so Ikkaku spoke again. "Do you think you're finished? I really hope so,it fucking stinks in here." "Then leave. I'm fine." Yumichika's voice was weak but cold as ice. Ikkaku immediately knew he fucked up. "Hey I'm sorry Yumi. I was trying to lift the mood. How are you feeling,hmm?"Small sobs echoed through the bathroom. Ikkaku immediately pulled his lover into his arms knowing all to well that Yumichika must be feeling horrible if she was crying.

Ikkaku lifted Yumichika up and helped her to get herself cleaned. "Do wanna stay here for awhile or go lay down?" Yumichika pointed to their room and Ikkaku got the hint. After getting them situated he held Yumichika close to him and rubbed her back. "How are you feeling now?"Ikkaku whispered. "A-a bit better." The 5th seat voiced. Ikkaku hummed softly before speaking again. "You should stay here and rest today. I'll look after the pink haired brat alone." Ikkaku barely finished his sentence when Yumichika shook her head. "N-no I promised i-i would help you. I can't b-break my promise,'kaku." Ikkaku sighed at his lover's statement. He knew when Yumichika set her mind to something it was impossible to get her to do anything otherwise. After a few moments of silence Ikkaku spoke:"Okay,you can come but please just rest while we're there okay? And try to sleep some more before we need to get up." Yumichika simply nodded and cuddled more into Ikkaku, murmuring a small 'love you' before falling back into a fitful sleep.

(Time skip🍂🍁)
Yumichika has been asleep for a few hours and while she was sleeping Ikkaku started to get ready and make breakfast. When he was finally done he went back to their room to wake the fifth seat. It wasn't that hard to wake her,not when she was half awake already. But getting her to eat, was something else.

"Babe,please you need to eat something. It doesn't have to be a lot. Just a few bites please?" Ikkaku begged his girlfriend to eat. But Yumichika doesn't budge. She only shakes her head 'no'. Then Ikkaku smirks when an idea popped up. "Okay Yumi you don't have to eat, but I'm not gonna allow you to babysit with me then." Immediately Yumichika's eyes gloss and grow teary. "O-okay. I'll eat s-some toast."Her voice was small and fragile and it hurt Ikkaku to hear it. Yumichika ate a half of one of the peaces of toast before sliding the bord to Ikkaku. "I-i'm full." Ikkaku looks at the girl with pleading eyes. "Babe please? Just the other half as well? I'll take the other piece but please eat the rest of the first slice." Yumichika looked at him with small, tired eyes. "P-please no. I-i'm full.Please." Ikkaku sighed and took the food off the plate. "Okay then go get dressed while I finish my breakfast." At least he got a nod from Yumichika there.

This was gonna be a long day.

(tiny Time Skip🦋)
When they got to Yachiru's room Captain Zaraki already left and she was waiting for them on her bed. The pink haired lieutenant immediately jumped up at the sight of the third and fifth seat. "BALDY! FEATHERS!Yayyy. Can we play makeover today?Pleeeaase?!!!" The two smiled at her excited attitude. " Good morning Lieutenant. And yes, you can give me a makeover today,okay?" Ikkaku states while the two get comfy on the floor. Yachiru looked at Yumichika with a small frown. "Why can't I give feathers a makeover as well?" Ikkaku looked at his girlfriends almost asleep figure. "Because she's not feeling very well today and needs to rest." The lieutenant pouted a bit before giving Yumichika a small hug. "Feathers is a baka.She shouldn't be here if she isn't feeling well." Ikkaku looked at the small girl amused before voicing an idea. " Let's give you a makeover while Yumi takes a bit of a rest?" Yachiru gave a nod and went to her closet to find some clothes. "Baldy needs to wear a dress too!" Ikkaku sighed. This was gonna be torcher.

"BALDY!!YOU LOOK SO PRETTY!!"the five year old screams. A wide smile was beaming on her face. Ikkaku gave a pissed but also genuine smile. "Yeah yeah whatever you say brat." The pink haired lieutenant narrowed her eyes in a glare. "I am NOT a brat ,mirror head." Ikkaku gave a confused look obviously not understanding what she meant. "Ugh, you're a baka. Your head is so shiny I can see myself in it , like a mirror!"yachiru laughed. "WHY YOU LIT-"Ikkaku's yelling was cut short when a pained moan came from the futon where Yumichika was sleeping.

Ikkaku quickly took off the weird things the brat dressed him up with and rushed to Yumichika. He crouched down next to her and placed soft hand on her cheek. "Babe? You awake." Another groan answered Ikkaku's answer. He helped her to sit up and let her head rest on his shoulder. "How are you feeling now? Any better?" No answer... 
"Baby?"Ikkaku looked worried at his lover. "'kaku..." Yachiru came closer and looked at the feathered girl. "Baldy is feathers okay?" Ikkaku pulled Yumichika down to lay on his lap. "Just wait a minute Yachiru, I'm not sure." He caresses the fifth seat's cheek. The girl was out cold. "Yachiru could you please go get someone from the fourth?" Without a moment of thought she was gone. Ikkaku smiled at himself admiring the pink haired lieutenant's love for Yumichika.

To be continued