★ - chapter three (byler)

( after seeing the fight - mike's perspective)

'wow that was weird' i sat down on my bed, leaving enough space for will.
'i wonder what it was about' he says as he sat down next to me.
'not sure - oh well.' i wanted to ask will about the painting but i was worried i would start an argument.
'hey i spoke to el, she said that she's just kind of sad about max and stuff' will tried to smile but it was clear he was hiding something. i didn't want to call him a liar though maybe it was private stuff.
i smiled however i didn't care too much.

me and will just spoke a bit, the painting was sitting on my desk just laying there.
'hey i'm starting to get tired - can you get me a blanket or something for the floor' will asked
for some reason a wave of disappointment went through me.
'i thought you were sleeping in the bed?' with me.
'oh, i just- i didn't want to make you uncomfy' he smiled awkwardly
'no it's fine - i was being dramatic' i smiled as i fixed up the pillows for us to sleep
will smiled back .. i love his smile.

will got into the wall side and i got in next - it was kind of squashy but it was fine. i liked it.
'goodnight will - i've missed you' i smiled as i of turned to him, my face landing on his shoulder and even though it was kind of awkward we ended up falling asleep like that.
was this weird.. was i being gay? i knew dad wouldn't like it and i don't know how mum would feel. i didn't want him to be weird but it's okay. i've seen eleven and max do it - they're girls but does it matter??

morning

i woke up on wills shoulder - however i was closer than when we went to sleep. i got up quickly i knew my face was red.
oh.. my god. shit. what do i do?

i felt a weird sweat go down my face as i looked down at will. he's so perfect - he even looks nice when he's sleeping. platonically of course.

will woke up a few minutes later and we were both sitting in bed together.
'goodmorning mike' he smiled at me as he fixed up his hair
'morning will' i was slightly distracted in my own thoughts.

after a few minutes we go up thank god will went off to the bathroom to get dressed and i got changed in my bedroom.
we then met downstairs where nancy was, she looked really annoyed.

'hey nancy - what's up?' i asked as she looked up
'nothing.' she paid little attention to me and will.
weird.

'will what do you want for breakfast?' i asked as i showed him the cupboard and when he picked i got breakfast ready with him.
it was fun we kept giggling over stupid stuff.
i missed this.

we went back to the cabin to help finish up the cleaning and eleven wasn't there
is it bad i feel slightly relived
me and will fixed up elevens room as hopper and joyce fixed up some space for jonathan and will so that he could come there when they had space. which wouldn't be long which was kind of disappointing in a way.

'foods ready' hopper told us as he walked past, he looked at me with a slightly annoyed glare like how he did when i upset eleven that one (or few) time.
me and will followed him out and we sat down at the table which was now clean and eleven still wasn't here.
'so, great news! will's room should be ready by the end of the week and he can come live here! isn't that awesome?' joyce smiled which made everything slightly less awkward.
'yeah, can't wait!' will smiled back but he seemed awkward. hopper kept looking at me.
what have i done now..?

'is el still not back?' will asked as he finished eating his sandwich
'nope - she's still with max. i hope she's okay, poor girl' joyce started to collect the plates
'yeah uh where jonathan?'
'uh - i'm actually not sure, him and argyle went out last night i think' joyce had a confused, slightly worried, look on her face
'alright - i need to talk with him later' wills looked disappointed as he said that
i was about to ask if he was okay when the door opened an eleven walked in, slamming it behind her with her powers as she walked in. she looked very very annoyed.
'hey el, you alright?' i asked, i smiled.
'i'm fine.' she did not smile. she kept walking to her room and i followed her.
walking into the room i left the door open.
'eleven, what's wrong? you know you can talk to me.' i stood in her room as she stood infront of me.

'max hasn't woken up. she needs to wake up and your - your just not caring! nobody is.' she was nearly yelling and i knew everyone could hear.

'no! el your wrong, i care. i'm worried too but i just think there's other important stuff going on' i tried to stay calm but i was loud as well.

'no you don't mike - you don't care. you haven't even spoke to me about anything apart from will's stupid painting that i had no idea about. what - what do you care about my brother more than me now?' she crossed her arms as she shut the door with her powers again.

'no! el i care about you and max, it was just a question. i don't go around asking why you only pay attention to max! you are aware one of my closest friends died too?' i was getting  annoyed now too.

'seriously mike?? max isn't dead! there's no hope for your so called friend, max could be okay!' she yelled louder now. what. why would she say that.

'eleven why would you even say that. that's - listen i get your stressed, we all are but you-'

'but i what? you only care about my stupid brother, you've spent more time with him than me! why are you acting like everything is normal and fine? why don't you love me?'
eleven interrupted me.

'eleven i'm sad too - i know you are, max is your best friend, i'd be sad if i lost will too but you don't get to take it out on him, your brother didn't hurt max !!' i felt bad but she couldn't go around taking it out on will.

'see! your making everything about him! what do you love him instead of me now?' she was practically screaming at me now.

why would she say that. i'm not gay. my eyes started to water and i turned around, opening her door and slamming it shut behind me as i grabbed my bag and left the cabin.
i knew everyone was staring at me.

why would she say that.

i didn't want to go home and i ended up at the starcourt remains after the "fire"
i sat down on a still standing seat, it was wobbly but i was fine.
soon enough i started sobbing. i hated crying, dad told me off for crying when i was younger once. i just couldn't help it though.

i knew i had to try and stay happy - vecna was still out there and it was no big secret that he liked to kill people with some form of trauma apparently.
i didn't know what to do, i couldn't tell will why i got so sad at what eleven said.
i could try and tell lucas but that would mean telling him i got sad over someone suggesting i was gay.

i decided on lucas - i'd tell him everything and hopefully he wouldn't assume stuff. because it wasn't true. what if it was..?