𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮: 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮 (𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼?)

TIMMY frowned as he looked at the new apartment that was going to be his new house.

The sign was dull and a bit chipped but the words were clear as day.

𝓕𝓐𝓘𝓡𝓨 𝓦𝓞𝓡𝓛𝓓 𝓐𝓟𝓐𝓡𝓣𝓜𝓔𝓝𝓣𝓢

'Home sweet home, I guess...' He thought with a frown, clutching his lime green bag closer to him.

Once the car stopped he got out with a man with dark hair and emerald green eyes wearing a dark green sweater over a white collar shirt with black pants, on his neck was a neck brace.

"And... I'm finally done." A woman said with a bright smile as she held up her completed crotchet pink baby booties.

She had her curly dark brown hair in an updo hairstyle, tinted glasses covered her eyes wearing a bright yellow turtleneck sweater with black pants.

A cute yawn caught the woman's attention in the back seat.

"Someone's up already, aren't you?" The woman cooed, making the baby giggle and shake their rattle.

The movers put everything in the house as instructed by the man and woman and were tipped a five dollar bill with a shiny nickel.

Timmy went to the backyard to see the new garden his parents talked about wearing a yellow raincoat and matching gumboots.

The garden looked... Lifeless.

Most of the plants were either dried up or affected by weeds.

'Dad did say it was lively when he was younger... Maybe the old wishing well can help!'

He walked to one of the withered bushes and grabbed a forked stick (having read about dowsing rods being able to detect water) holding it by the forked ends and let it lead him out of the backyard of the old wrought iron gate.

He followed a long path up into the rocky hills, the path on one side being the side of a cliff overlooking the condo building.

A falling pebble from higher up the hill caught his attention. He turned his head to see a simple pile of rocks.

"Hello?" He called cautiously. "Who's there?"

His gut told him he wasn't alone, and when no one answered, he only grew more uneasy. He picked up the pebble that had tumbled down, and threw it as hard as he could, aiming for the small area behind the rocks.

There was a flutter of what sounded like wings and a demonic screech.

Timmy stumbled back a bit before running down the path, terrified.

The old apple trees were a blur until he made it to a small clearing, containing only a tree stump, and a circle of mushrooms, which he instinctively ran to the center of as if it would protect him. His chest heaved for air as his heart thundered, looking around in fear.

There was a loud demonic screech and a flutter of wings behind him, making him scream and turn around.

A black and grey feathered owl with wide bright yellow eyes perched on the stump eyeing him. When it looked like it wasn't going to attack him, he huffed.

"You scared me to death you dumb bird!" He spat, still a bit shaken up.

The owl continued to stare at him while he took a moment to compose himself.

"I'm just looking for an old well, know it?" He questioned, the owl bobbed it's head, making him shiver before holding up the makeshift dowsing rod and chanting, "Magic dowser, magic dowser... Show me... The well!"