comfort ╔ fluff ╗

// they decide to watch something new and share a romantic scene //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"ugh i'm so bored today leorio, and to make it worse, i don't even know what to watch" kurapika said while laying down on the couch and looking at netflix, everything looked so boring as he just scrolled while nothing caught his interest.

he always hated it when he would turn something on and just get bored, scrolling and scrolling yet he'd never figure out what he felt like watching.

but then leorio walked into the living room, his boyfriend of a few years at this point, though a little lightbulb popped above his head because he had thought of an idea. "hey sunshine! i saw a new show on netflix, it's called hunter x hunter, it's about the hunters, just like us! well apparently i've heard from killua that they made a show about us."

kurapika just stared at him, a look no one can describe besides his boyfriend leorio.

he went onto netflix and saw the anime, though he was a bit shocked when he noticed the cover photo which was a picture of both of them, including the cheerful gon and his polar opposite, killua.

"what the fu- i mean what the heck, why is it called hunter x hunter? are they shipping two hunters together and why are we in it! i never asked for consent?"

kurapika just stared, not knowing what to think. "you know what leorio? let's just watch this show and see for ourselves!"

two seconds later kurapika jumped up in shock, "oh my god there's so many seasons, how did i not know this existed?" leorio just made a confused face while listening to his lover talk and sat down next to him while turning on episode one.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

about 30 minutes later, kurapika was in awe of the first episode. "ok why in the world did they make a show about us?" kurapika said while leorio just smirked a tad bit, "oh sunshine, you also looked really cute in that episode while trying to save that one guy from falling off the ship." leorio said in a seductive tone while kurapika just rolled his eyes.

time passes and now it's a few hours after they started watching, the two of them were still binge watching it, eyes widened when they say tonpa, remembering how stupid he was and the literal stink that he produced, especially when they were trapped in the room.

they were finally on the episode where they finished the hunter exam. "wow i don't know man, i don't know if i can finish watching this literal zest fest." kurapika said, it was now early in the morning as they had accidentally stayed up all night, and he was actually getting really tired.

"yeah i didn't realize they made us so fruity to be honest" leorio said, scratching his chin.

"that's because we are fruity, we are a literal fruit salad, a fruit smoothie, a fruit pie, a fruit candy, a fruit basket a fr-" leorio put his hand over his kurapikas mouth to shush him.

then kurapika licked his hand. "eww has my sweet little sunshine turned into a dog?" leorio said and laughed in a playful way as kurapika smirked, leaning in to give him a big kiss.

"how about you go take a shower leorio? you kinda smell" kurapika gave him a quick sniff, he hasn't showered in a while due to work so the smell wasn't pleasant.

"yeah yeah okay i'm going! i'll be back in a minute, i know it's morning but i don't have work for a while, how about we go to sleep?" kurapika flashed him a quick and soft smile, "better not keep me waiting, i'll be in bed" and just like that, kurapika was in bed while leorio was in the shower.

he scrubbed himself off with green apple body wash, and green apple shampoo!

after the shower he quickly dried himself off, doing an even better job with his hair to make sure he didn't get sick while asleep. after brushing and flossing his teeth he put on his pajamas and went into his and kurapikas shared bedroom.

"hello sunshine" he smiles warmly, kurapika grumbling, half asleep.

after 10 minutes of leorio getting ready for bed, kurapika was more awake, "how was your shower? you smell like green apple, my favorite."

leorio smiled at that, green apple was his signature scent, "as always my dear."

he climbs into bed, covering him and kurapika with the warm blankets and leaning into the pillow, hugging kurapika like a giant stuffed animal and smiling into his hair happily.

a few seconds pass, it was officially morning now but luckily their curtains were some what black out, so it wasn't as dark as it usually was. leorio thought for a moment before speaking, "so how did you really like that show?"

kurapikas eyes widened a bit, remembering that show that was heavily based off of them.

"i guess it was okay? i mean-" *he thought for a moment debating if he liked it or not "honestly i did like it, but how come i didn't know? i mean it's truly based off of us? mainly killua and gon but hey were there!"

leorio chuckled in his hair and leaned back a moment to speak, "well you're not wrong, the actor they played as me wasn't that good, i mean they could've just asked me." kurapika rolled his eyes, smiling once again.

leorio knew kurapika was tired so he decided not to speak anymore, just letting the cool breeze come inside.

"leorio?" the man in question hummed, pretty much saying 'yes, what is it?'

"i love you? and i'm so glad i've came back." leorio smiled at his words, "oh pika, i love you do much."

and with that, leorio pulled him in even tighter, the blonde not even caring as they drifted off to sleep.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

hope you guys enjoyed!

i feel like i've seen this concept before so hope it's okay!

remember if you want any recommendations for this fanfic just comment!

<3