Chapter Four

Anamaria

I was sleeping in my room peacefully, until someone knocked on the door. "Anamaria! Anamaria! They're here! They're here!" Anabeth shriek. "Who's here?" I asked, half sleep and half awake. Without my permission, Anabeth opened the door and yank me from my bed. She got a yanking problem! I am so exhausted. What could it possibly be? I mean, it's six in the morning! Nothing exciting!

"It's here!" Anabeth shriek as I covered my ears with pillow. "Anabeth, I need some sleep!" I said forcing my eyes to black out. I can only do that for five seconds until Anabeth 'yanked' me again. How great. What an amazing sister?

I covered my ears to block out her annoyance. This time, she dragged me downstairs into the living room. My bottom was sliding down the stairs. I hit my head a couples of times. Anabeth could careless. She kept dragging me downstairs not caring about my pain.

As we got downstair, two big boxes appeared. I raised my eyebrows at my sister who gave me a disappointment look. "It's the gown! Oh my, Anamaria! Tomorrow night is the ball!" Right...

Tomorrow night is the ball...I am not ready...

Footsteps approached as Aunt Monica walks down the stairs. She walked up to us and stared at me for a couple of second. Is she mad at me or something? I thought we make up? Aunt Monica approached next to Anabeth and started twisting her beautiful long black haired as she was telling aunt about the stories about her last ball.

I tried to sneak upstairs but aunt caught me and stopped me. "Yes, aunt?" I asked hoping she doesn't get mad for whatever I didn't do. "Your sister is going to the hairdresser for the ball this Friday, why don't you take her?" I looked at Anabeth and she shook her head telling me not to go.

I looked back at aunt eyes. "I don't think she wants me to take her she's a big girl. There's nothing to worry about." She is sixteen, she can handle herself.

Aunt Monica turn to Anabeth and then faces me. "Anabeth, do you want Anamaria to go with you?"

Anabeth look at me frightened, she is afraid of aunt. "Ye-yes!" Anabeth stuttered. I rolled my eyes how she agreed with aunt on everything.

The door bell rung, aunt told me to get the door. I was surprised when I opened my door and saw who it was. Gisselle. I shriek and hugged her. She hugged back tightly until a cute voice break us apart. "Mommy, can we get some ice cream now?" I looked behind her and saw a little boy around the age of three. He smiled when he caught my eyes.

Gisselle pick up her son in her arm, "Justin, you got to wait, honey." She spoke to her son calmly and gentle. Gisselle flashed me a smile. I smiled back as I look at the adorable little boy.

"Anamaria, this is my son, Justin. Justin, this is my friend, call her Aunt Anamaria, say hello." Justin nodded at his mother and then said hello to me. He is so adorable. I wish I had a child. I wish I had my own family. Girls in my town have a child since the age of seventeen after their marriage age, sixteen.

I felt jealously inside me. How come I don't have a man? I'm not beautiful, that's why. No one wants me.

I lead Gisselle inside the mansion and took her to the living room area. We sat and talks about our life. She was telling me about how she met her husband and her first time making a child. We both broke in an silence for a few moment. Then, she brought up a question I never wanted to hear.

"How come you don't have a man?" She asked. I stared at her and shook my head. I lacked beauty. I'm not perfect, no one wants me. Although, I felt a little jealous when someone are together and I'm not. Even if there was a man that likes me...I don't think I'm ready.

I don't know what to answer back. Gisselle look so happy with her son. I wish I had a family of my own. "Anamaria. Please don't tell me you're going to say-" I cut her off, "I lacked beauty, Gisselle. You don't understand." Gisselle wrinkle her eyes brows at look at me. Nether of us talk for a bit.

Gisselle finally broke the silence, "if you lacked beauty...I don't think Prince Harper would have a crush on you." I give her a death glare. Why does everything has to be Prince Harper?

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Prince Harper and I are having a play date today. We planned it perfectly and we have been waiting for this all month long!

"Are you ready, sweetie?" My father asked me as the carriage man came to pick us up. I nodded, "more than ready, papa." My father patted my head and we went to the palace.

As we arrived at the palace, I was waiting at the castle's garden like we had planned to meet. But there were no sight of him.

I waited for about two hours now. Nothing passed by. No one came. I finally decided to go look for him. As I was about to leave the garden, a sweet beautiful voice called me, "Anamaria?" I turned around to see the Princess Erin of Drysdale. We both shared a hug. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

I told her about the play date meet I had with her brother. She broke into a silence. "Anamaria," she said softly before looking up at my eyes. "My brother is at the back of the castle with Princess Pamela." My heart had been stabbed. We planned this for about a month now. How could he forget? Princess Erin look at me and saw my expression, "anyways, since you're here, you can play with me." I smiled at her. We both had a tea party and went horseback riding.

We both decided to go to the castle zoo, and guess what? We ran into someone I never wanted to see again. It was Prince Harper, with Princess Pamela. They were holding hand. Prince Harper's happy mood changed as soon as he saw me with Princess Erin. The princess shook her head at her brother and gave him a look of disappointment. We both ride the horse away from the prince and princess. After that, I have never seen Prince Harper ever again.

Gisselle snap me out of my thought. "I am so sorry, Anamaria. I didn't mean to remind you about your childhood. I know he hurt you badly. Forgive me."
I shook my head at her, "that's okay!" Sometime, I like to think about this. So I can control my feeling that I had for Prince Harper when I was little.

Anamaria