Chapter Twenty Nine

Anamaria

"Lady Anamaria," a servant called as I was chopping the carrot.

I wasn't expecting that, the knife accidentally pinch my finger as blood rush out.

"My lady!" The servant shriek.

"Leave it," I said as I pour water on my finger and wrap a cloth around it. I pour the soup from the pot and gently pour it inside the bowl. The servant pick it up as she lead me. It's true, I feel better since last night. I need to do my job.

I followed the servant to the front of his highness room. "Your highness?" The servant knocked but there's no answer.

She quietly open the door to reveal Prince Garrett and Princess Abigail. Prince Garrett was laying down on the bed as Princess Abigail was feeding him with a spoon in her hand. 

His eyes met mine until the servant said, "I'm sorry to disturb, your highness. We're leaving." The servant awkwardly said as she grab my hand to direct me out of the chamber.

"No!" The Prince yelled. "Anamaria, stay!"

The servant look ate uncomfortably as she gave me the soup bowl and left. I made my way toward the Prince and bow, "your highness, I have to go do chores."

"You don't have to do chores, you are here as a guest, not servant."

I press my lip together, "I'm sorry." I said as Princess Abigail smirk at Prince Garrett.

"No need," he said without looking at me. The princess pick up the soup bowl and excused herself. I watched as she leave the room.  "Is that for me?" Prince Garrett asked, referring to the soup. I sigh, "yes but since you've already ate, I'll give it to Rafael."  I said turning around.

"Don't you dare," the Prince said as he slowly got out of bed. He struggle to walk. I put the soup bowl down on the nightstand as I made my way to help him back to bed.

The Prince smirk as I feel my face flushed. I grab the fur blanket and cover the Prince.

"I should get going," I said.

"Don't." I look at him in the eyes, "Anamaria, you haven't feed me the soup yet."

I can feel my lip curved by itself, "your highness, you have hands don't you?"

He grab my wrist before I can make any move. "Feed me."

I nodded, as I slowly dip the spoon inside the soup and carry it to his mouth.

His eyes suddenly noticed the cloth.
"What is this?" He said grabbing my finger, I tried to pull away but he unwrap the cloth to reveal my bloody finger. "Anamaria! What happened to your finger?"

"It's just a pinch," I said as I try to pull my hand away from him. His wrap the cloth around my finger tightly.

He stood up and drag me to the chamber's bathroom. I stared at him in shock as he wash my finger with clean soap. He grab the handkerchief from his pocket and wrap the expensive handkerchief around my finger.

"Thank you," I said as he kissed my hand. I nervously smile and pull back.
I turn my back to face him, "I really don't think that's a good idea...your highness."