jeongin - classmate

"how do i look?" you worriedly ask your friend, trying to fix your hair while simultaneously not letting your bag drop off your arm.

"aww, you're gonna go see your boyfriend now?" your friend asks, laughing. you give her a playful slap.

"shut the fuck up. he's not my boyfriend."

"yet," she tells you. "alright, stop daydreaming and get to class. you're gonna be late."

you blow her a kiss and make your way to the hall. when you walk in, almost everyone is already in there. you hurriedly make your way to your seat, right beside yang jeongin. as usual.

you don't have assigned seats in psychology, but for some reason, jeongin always sits in the same seat and so do you, and he just so happens to be right next to you.

there's just something so captivating about him. his clear glasses, his dimples when he genuinely finds something funny, the way his blond hair falls in his face, the way his eyebrows knit together when he's thinking hard about something.

you had been crushing on him for quite a while now. and maybe the feelings were reciprocated because you had noticed he was eyeing you a lot lately and bringing up random little things. but that doesn't really mean anything, does it?

you turn your attention to the lesson, which had just started. "-we're going to be talking about the pervasive role of memory in everyday life. now, as you can see here on the model, memory is not a single unit that relies on one neuroanatomical circuit, but rather-" you tune your professor out, as it's all stuff you already know, and go back to daydreaming about jeongin.

but your daydreams quickly come to an end as you feel a pair of eyes staring at you. you look over and... it's jeongin. you give him a confused look and he stutters before saying, "uhh, w-which model is that?"

you try to suppress a smile before saying, "the multiple systems model."

he stares at you for a second, then nods to himself. "right. thank you."

not only was this something he should have known by heart, but the model's name was also clearly shown in big capital letters on the screen: THE MULTIPLE SYSTEMS MODEL.

so why would he ask you for something he already knew the answer to?? whatever. you decide not to dig too much into it.

the professor drones on and on, and you gradually start to space out. however, a gentle tap on the shoulder brings you back to life.

"hey, you okay??" jeongin whispers, smiling.

you nod and smile back. "just a bit bored!"

"ohhh, so she's smart?" he teases.

"always have been," you tease back.

"i don't doubt it. hey, um. i was wondering if i could get your number?" you stare at him in shock. you almost want to pinch yourself because there is no way this is happening. "i, uh- just for psych, you know. sorry, i-"

"no!" you say. "i mean. i would love that."

he smiles as you hand over your phone. he gives you his, and you shakily type your number in.

"thanks," he grins and turns his attention back to the lesson. you think you catch him kicking his feet, but you can't be sure.

the entire rest of the lecture, you feel like you're on cloud 9.

that night, you receive a text from "jeongin :)" that says, "Heyy I think ur really cute and I'm glad we could exchange numbers. There's a party on Wednesday night at my friend's house. I would love it if you could come. No pressure :)." you press your phone to your chest, almost as if his message could escape if you don't hold it tight enough.