Final Shrine

Link's POV

The Great Sky Island (???)

Sheik sighed in relief. "I apologize, Astor. That spirit was interfering with our Corruption spell. Now, I have a few questions for you."

Not really wanting to argue right now, I just sighed. "Okay."

"Are you aware of how much time has passed? And do you remember what events took place after we were both teleported out of the shrine?"

"Both...? Oh, whatever," I didn't really care at this point. "No, I don't know for either of your questions."

"Well, Astor, it just seems impossible to me for so much to happen in such a short amount of time, if only minutes or hours have passed." Sheik pointed to the sky around us. The clouds were gone, and I could see the surface now! Unfortunately, it looked like utter chaos in Lanayru, Gerudo, and Tabantha/Hebra.

~~~

Sheik's POV

The Great Sky Island (Right after the events of last chapter)

"A...a Hollow..."

The creature had only been summoned for a moment, but Astor's control over it had been incredible. He summoned it using nothing but pure will, and easily returned himself to his original body. 

A...a powerful, courageous hero.

"Well then, Astor, I see that my decision to spare your life is not something I will regret," I said. 

I... I don't know...how I got here, but I need to keep trying...to...

The dark hero glared at me. "Leave me alone! I don't know what you want from me, but you're in for one hell of an adventure if you want to keep trying to...control me, or whatever.

His glare...hurts my soul...

I laughed. "If you weren't aware, this is the trial you must complete in order to join us. If you fail, well... just know that we are capable of much stronger Corruption magic than you may think.

That's a lie... I know my own mind better than anyone else's, ha... I remember every single interaction with...Ganondorf, every second of him telling me...his plans, every...sec...ond...

I'm losing energy...

I need...

...to do this...

...now...

"Link, go! You need to make it to the last Shrine of Darkness, or-"

No.

I fell to the ground. This again...?

~~~

Ganondorf's POV

Beneath Hyrule Castle (After Sheik collapsed)

My creations are almost complete.

All I need to do is unleash them. 

And then...

The Rito, stuck in an endless snowstorm, starving to death...

The Gorons, hypnotized into oblivion, horribly weakened...

The Zora, ill from the sludge, unable to defend themselves...

The Gerudo, trapped in their desert, left to die to the Gibdos...

...Will no longer be able to aid the Hylians once I inevitably summon my army of monsters once again.