07 || 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: This chapter contains some PTSD related events. Read at your own risk.

****

"We're here," Donatello says, alerting Casey and Afina-Jade.

Hearing those words brought so many questions to Afina's mind-- who are these creatures? Why do they exist, and what's their purpose? As soon as she entered this unknown location, her eyes widened in shock, great amazement that a place like this is under one of the most popular cities in the world. Afina couldn't find the words to speak as she lay eyes on the home of Casey's green friends.

"Welcome to our Fortress of Solitude!" Donnie exclaimed happily.

Afina stands in her place, at the edge of the sewer tunnel and the lair. She swallowed her nerves and gained the courage to follow Donnie and Casey to the kitchen. There, they'd be met by Master Splinter, who sipped on a cup of tea and munched on a piece of cornbread.

"Dad," Says Donnie, getting his father's attention. "I've returned with Casey and his friend-- or shall I say our friend, Jade."

Afina-Jade raised an eyebrow. She obviously had no knowledge about becoming friends with a few mutants. But her first impression of Splinter was that she noticed he wasn't a turtle, but a rat and much older in age. He wore a robe, and the wrinkles on his face were sharp and crisp under the natural light coming through the Sewer's ceiling. "A rat..." A fina whispered, watching Splinter turn in his seat.

His bold and dark eyes look into Afina's blue eyes and instantly saw hesitation. "Hello, Jade." The rat greeded her.

Jade nodded once, followed by a, "Hello..." She answered.

Splinter grinned at her before telling Donatello to go get his three other brothers from the dojo. While he did so, Casey began to explain the previous situation to Splinter-- to be specific, the Foot Clan returning to terrorize New York. "It was an ambush." Casey said to Splinter.

Sensei sighed deeply at the news. "We must do what we can to minimize the Foot activity... are you both alright?"

Casey nodded, his motion not so confident. "Uh, more or less." He answered, glancing at Jade, who is still shaken from the subway event.

"Miss Jade," Splinter said. "What troubles you? Of course, besides me and my sons' appearance." He chuckled lightly.

That's right... Afina remembered that there are more mutants in this place. "Um..." Then, she heard heavy footsteps approaching the kitchen, and there, she witnessed four, tall, fit-built brothers standing shoulder to shoulder. Each one had a different colored mask, height, and personality and she is astonished by their existence. "Oh, my gosh..." Afina whispered faintly, starstruck of the mutants.

"Jade, these are my sons." The rat began. "Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo."

Responding to his name being called, Mikey waved at the "new girl" in the lair. Shy of each brother, Afina does not wave back to appreciate the greeting. She suddenly scoffs at this meet and greet and looks at Casey Jones with his hands in his coat pockets. Then, before either of the brothers could greet the girl personally, she turned from Casey, Splinter, and the Brothers and aimed for the lair's exit.

"Whoa, hey!" Casey walked after her. "Jade, what--"

"Did we say something?" Mikey asked anyone who might answer. Raphael and Donatello groan in annoyance at their younger brother's question. Leo is directly behind Casey so he could understand Afina's retreat from the lair.

"Jade," Jones grabbed her shoulder lightly and turned her around so she'd be facing him. "Why are you leaving?"

Her breath trembled as she tried to find her words. She shifts her gaze behind Casey and saw the blue masked turtle behind him. She looks back at Casey and softly spoke. "This... this is too much." Then, she disappeared into the tunnel to locate a manhole, but she is so unfamiliar and required Casey's help.