Chapter 40

*Niall's POV*

The stars were shining and glittering tonight, but they were nothing compared to her eyes.

The way the orange flames from the bonfire flickered off her bright blue eyes making them sparkle. They glimmered brighter then the stars.

Her cheeks were a rosy pink and her lips looked smooth and they were the colour of a beautiful blossom.

Her hair fell in waves under her red knitted beanie. Her white scarf draped around her neck.

I'd never seen someone as beautiful as her. Every single feature of hers was perfectly proportioned.

I hadn't dated because I knew that my princess would come to me one day. And she did. She's sitting right beside me. I haven't even asked her to be mine yet.

Her big blue eyes shot up to meet mine. I quickly looked down at my hands but I could feel her stare on me.

I slowly looked back up and she flashed me a brilliant smile that made my breath quicken and my heart flutter.

I couldn't stop thinking about her plump lips and how they would feel against mine. How her hair would feel between my fingers and what her skin would feel like against mine.

I had to ask her to be mine. I couldn't hold back my feelings any longer.

I leaned over and pressed my lips to her ear.

"Follow me."

I got up and started to walk towards the lake. I turned around to see her standing up and following me towards the lake.

I sat down on the grass by the lake. I felt Maisy sit down beside me. I turned my head towards her.

She smiled at me. The light from the moon lit up her eyes.

I shuffled closer to her. She noticed and smiled at me.

She slid her hand along until it was resting on top of mine. She leaned into me, resting her head on my shoulder.

We sat there in a comfortable silence, looking out at the lake, stars and moon.

I rested my head on top of hers before deciding to break the silence.

"Maisy." She turned her head around to face me. I turned my head too and was startled by how close her face was to mine. I felt her cool breath travel across my face and send shivers down my spine.

She smirked. "Yeah."

I slowly slid my hand around her side, pulling her closer. She was so close, I could feel her chest moving up and down as she breathed. She didn't hesitate to shuffle even closer to me.

I looked down at her and smiled. I loved smiling now that I had my braces off.

I slowly reached up and picked up a piece of her soft, strawberry blonde hair between my fingers. I gently placed it behind her ear before softly stroking her cheek making her cheeks blossom pink.

I leaned even closer to her.

"Maisy. Do you like me?"

I gently pushed her hair over her shoulder, my fingertips brushing lightly against her neck while doing it. I felt her shiver under my touch making me feel rather satisfied.

She gulped and nodded.

"Yeah. I do like you."

A smirk played on my lips and a small smile broke out on her face.

I looked down before meeting her eyes again. I could feel her chest moving faster with anticipation as she wondered where this was going.

I lightly ran my fingers up her arm.

I gulped it was the moment of truth.

"Like me like me or just as friends."

She lightly smiled as the blush on her cheeks got pinker.

She nodded. "Yes. I like you a lot. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a guy before. You make my heart flutter and my words jumble." She quickly looked down.

I placed my hand under her chin and lifted her head up so I could look into her beautiful blue eyes.

"I liked you since the first moment I saw you. You are beautiful and sweet. Funny and smart. All I want to do is spend everyday making you smile. I want to be able to call you mine and show you off to all of my friends. I want them to see how beautiful you are and tell them you're mine. I want to be able to point at you and tell people, that's my girlfriend. I couldn't imagine a day without seeing your face. So what do you say? Will you be mine?"

Her mouth was open in shock but was soon replaced by her gorgeous, beaming smile.

She threw her arms around my neck. "Yes!!! Yes of course!!!"

I tumbled to the ground with her on top of me but I soon flipped us over so she was underneath.

I smiled and she smirked. My eyes flickered to her lips and her smile grew.

I took this as my chance and slowly leaned in. I felt my lips connect with her warm, soft lips. They moved in sync. Her arms wrapped around my neck as I remained on top of her.

I never wanted to stop kissing her. Her strawberry Chapstick tasted so good and her lips felt so soft and warm against mine. I don't think I'd ever enjoyed a kiss this much or even kissed a girl like this before. She was so special to me. I just wanted to freeze this moment and treasure it forever. Our first kiss.

Authors note-

They're together!!!! I hope you found this chapter cute :) Only 6 days now until I go on holiday!!!! Something that would make me so happy is if I saw one or all of the Janoskians in Melbourne, I loooove them!!! Anyway a lot of surprises are just around the corner! Follow, vote and comment, love ya's xx