Chapter V.

The first Task
__________________________________

Dazai hopped around the school grounds happily, tossing thoughts of all the mortal dangers he'll face tomorrow around his playful mind.
  Maybe they'll have to finish an escape room before the time runs out and they'll be burned alive - “I hope not, it would hurt” -. Or they'll be cut to pieces with chainsaws - “Yes, that's more like it” -! Oh! And how about fighting some creature while being injected with poison in order do get substance to neutralize it? That would be so much fun!

  There were so many possibilities, some so exciting to die for. Dazai was so overwhelmed with happiness that he didn't even notice one of his apprentices - Akutagawa - talking to him, later being led away by Chuuya that couldn't stand the poor young boy being so savagely ignored any longer.
  Redheads slurs on Dazai's attitude passed the suicide enthusiast just like Akutagawa's words and in his eyes, it wasn't something to be ashamed about or feel bad for missing, since it would probably repeat the same way tomorrow; that is if he makes it out of The first Task alive - and he was convinced not to, unless something doesn't magically make him care for surviving and potential win -.

  Dazai snapped out of his daydreaming in matter of second as he picked put a presence of certain someone simultaneously with the latter.
  They both gave each other vicious glare.

  “Dazai...” male in white school uniform and heavy accent said, piercing his blood red eyes through Dazai's.
  “Fyodor...” he replied with ice cold tone and emotionless expression on his face.

  “Ew.” both of them said at the same time while making disgusted faces at each other and scrunching their noses as if the latter was the most hideous being they've ever seen.

  “What are you doing here, rat?! Polluting my air with plague?!” Dazai cussed him out.

  “I was about to ask the same. For someone who is constantly rambling about suicide, you seem too disgustingly alive.” Fyodor fired back at him.

  “Haha. Funny as always.” Dazai said with stone cold expression. “No, but really. What made you ruin my day this time?”

  “Nothing in particular. I just wanted to waste your time. Or remind you that whatever you'll be facing tomorrow, I hope it burns you to crisp. But it would only grant your wish, wouldn't it? Shame... You won't survive to see my victory.” Fyodor smiled innocently.

  Dazai did the same.
  “Wrong. If I'm going to grave, I'm taking you with me.” he replied.

  “We'll see about that...”

  Idea then sparked in both of their heads.
  “Okay, let's make a deal then. There are three tasks, so whoever does better or wins the final will-”

  “Be the master and the other dog!” Dazai finished Fyodor's offer, instantly throwing the Russian off.

  “What the f-”

  “What? It worked on Chuuya.” Dazai shrugged as he defended himself.

  “Is this some kind of fetish of yours?” Fyodor shook his head in disbelief.

  “No...” Dazai said, suppressing his smile.

  “Yebať, let's do it.” Fyodor huffed and accept after almost a minute of an uncomfortable starring contest with still smiling Dazai that was now happily jumping up and down in place, celebrating his victory.

  “But don't make it too weird. I still have some dignity.” he reminded.

  “Be prepared to lose it like the Tasks!” Dazai chuckled before running off like a hyperactive gremlin.