➥▮『ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟺』▯

❝ What

❝ What.❞

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Chapter 24

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Fudou's lips curled upward involuntarily, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. He found himself unable to resist the warmth that your words had brought forth within him. It was a sincere moment, one that he would cherish forever. A gentle sigh escaped his lips, carrying with it a mix of contentment and weariness. His smile, though faint, spoke volumes of the quiet joy that filled his heart. With a blink of his eyes, he momentarily closed himself off from the world, lost in his own thoughts. And then- "Let's go."

"Fudou-san, do you have any intentions of kidnapping me?" In the most monotonous of tones, you uttered the words, observing with great satisfaction the dumbfounded expression that adorned his face. A slight grin tugged at the corners of your lips, as if relishing in the moment.

"I'm kidding, let's go."

The air hung still as they strolled along the path, their footsteps barely making a sound. There was no need for words, for the silence that enveloped them was not awkward, but rather a soothing embrace. It was a silence that spoke volumes, a language understood only by those who were truly in tune with one another. As they continued their leisurely walk, a sense of ease Fudou, lost in thought, couldn't help but feel that his question had gone unanswered. However, he refrained from probing any further, for he noticed the pleasant disposition that now adorned your countenance. This sight alleviated his concerns, if only to a certain extent.