CHAPTER 02

CHAPTER TWO✧ EUPHORIC DREAMS ✧

CHAPTER TWO
✧ EUPHORIC DREAMS ✧

" while collecting the stars,
i connected the dots
i don't know who i am...
i'm just a curious speck
that got caught up in orbit "

jupiter. sleeping at last.

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━

"BROOKLYN, COME ON! I GOT SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU,"

Just like every dream-filled night, Brooklyn wasn't surprised when she couldn't see the voice's owner. She couldn't see his face, so she held onto every detail she could.

His voice was excited, practically radiating with bliss sprinkled with a lovely English accent, and Brooklyn held onto the sweet tune of his calling as she unconsciously spoke to him.

"Since when do you not?"

"You'll like this one, love," She heard him answer.

The lack of vision heightened the rest of her senses, and she felt the sensation of fingers lacing with hers tingle her skin and send flutters to her stomach, her heart leaping at the affectionate touch though she only saw the black abyss of her mind.

"This better be worth those extra minutes of sleep"

"You dunked a bucket of water on me once, love. I believe it's only fair,"

"You overslept. Felix wasn't having it. I wanted to punch his face to shut his complaining,"

"Shut up,"

Brooklyn felt a laugh bubble up in her chest as she listened to the banter between her own voice and the English one. Her heart was immersed in the fantasy that her mind created for her, and she wanted to wrap herself in the euphoria of this reality for a few more. Even as a foreign ring in her ears started to pull her out of her fantasy, Brooklyn held onto this sweet tune of a voice.

Eventually, Brooklyn had to get up, turning the alarm off her phone that was specifically labeled to remind her to haul her ass to work or she'd be denied her complete salary. Beside her phone, as always, was the piece of paper.

start again. i'd be so proud of you.

For the first time, she was able to make out more than a few words from her dream. She wondered if this same boy she met in her dream was the same one who would speak to her every night. They both had an English accent, although Brooklyn could not recall meeting another English man apart from her birth father.

But frankly, there were more important matters than her dream.

Like work.

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━