004. Hooked on you

Jamie Tartt had a reputation. A very big reputation to keep ahold of, and in the rebirth of his reputation. Oh how he felt truly alive, despite his feeling of aloneness in the world. Jamie Tartt was a new man, learning about himself and growing to become less of a prick. Something or someone allowed him to see a new way to life, he thinks it was Vivian Cameron's energy and understanding (She would say otherwise).

He was hooked on Vivian and totally in love with her. How was he supposed to tell her that he's obsessed with everything she does and wants to never leave her side. Jamie didn't know that she felt the exact same, both of them pining after each other. He only thought she saw him as a friend making him think he had no chance. 

Maybe now was his time to tell her that he's in love with her, they were in Paris after all. That's where loads of men tell their girls that they want to marry them, so why couldn't he tell his girl that he loves her?

Jamie Tartt was one man who is hooked on Vivian Cameron. Everyone knew, hell even Roy Kent knows he's down bad for her! 

Never in his life did Jamie think that he would be telling Roy 'Grandad' Kent about his love life despite Roy dating his ex. But Roy sympathised with Jamie, he knows the shitty past that Vivian has had which is similar to Jamie's. Roy also knows that Jamie was the prickiest prick of all pricks but he's changing now.

Jamie was changing, maybe for Vivian. He knows that she values a relationship bred on emotional connection and caring for each other. If he can do all that then maybe she'll fall for him and they can like out their picket fence dreams. 

However, it could go many ways. Jamie doesn't want their relationship to end in tatters if he tells her that he loves her. But Jamie Tartt's relationships will always end in tatters and they always have, he doesn't understand how he does it. It just kind of happens.

Jamie knows everything about Vivian's life. He knows she wears a size five shoe, how she doesn't like gold jewellery because it makes her skin tone look weird, how her favourite app is twitter because she got into the Taron Egerton reads thirst tweets video, how she adores her dog and treats Freddie like her daughter but would never have a child. 

He could go on for hours about what he loves her for and it would never be enough to describe how he truly feels. 

Sooner or later, he would need to give his confession. It wouldn't be a hasty confession, he thinks that she could be someone he loves not just somebody he fucked once.

Now that was a story. 

It was a friendly away match in Glasgow. Richmond had won against Glasgow City by 2-1 and the cohort decided to go out and get totally shitfaced at a club in the city. Jamie and Vivian doing shots with Dani and Jan. They had walked back to the hotel barely standing but they were together. As they got in the lift, Vivian had kissed him and then it escalated, both of them consenting to it but still drunk as hell. The next morning there was many apologies but they agreed it would never happen again.

When Vivian left his hotel room, that's when he knew. That was the time that Jamie Tartt knew he was in love.

All he had to do now was confess.

Easy right?

No. Not at all.

author's note 🧚🏻‍♀️🎐🪩🫶🏻🎧

y'all are gonna hurt me for the next chapter :)