005. Reminisce on Innocence

The 14th of February, Valentine's Day. One of planet Earth's most known holidays in the Gregorian calendar. The day where two people most usually confess their love for each other. The first Valentine's Day was recorded in 1375 by poet, Geoffrey Chaucer but originally stems from Christianity and old folk traditions. Jamie Tartt had been asked out on past Valentine's Days, so had Vivian Cameron.

But this year was different, they were drunk. 

Drunk in his room, Vivian Cameron was drunk in Jamie Tartt's hotel room.

Both of them were totally off their rocker on whatever alcohol they could possibly find in Paris. The last time they got drunk together, was the story they would tell the kids (Freddie)

They lay on his bed, drinking away until a slurred "Cammy" came from the Manchester boy.

"Jaim?" She replied back as he touched the tiny ladybug tattoo on her wrist

"I like your new tattoo" He said looking up at the ceiling with dizzy, bloodshot eyes

"Oh, thanks. I like yours too" Vivian says, tracing his sleeve tattoo. 

His shirt dishevelled and buttons open, the alcohol clearly taking effect on his body. Jamie had so many things that he wanted to say to Vivian. After all, It was Valentine's Day and he still hadn't said anything. He especially doesn't want to say anything whilst hammered as it could be taken the wrong way. 

Their relationship was sorta poetic per se. They were like a ballad telling the story of two star-crossed lovers who had always been mutually pining for each other. Vivian had old strings on her guitar and Jamie had many excuses for not going far. He would always drive past her old street on the way to Nelson Road whilst picking up Vivian, he would drive and she would reminisce on her innocence. They were always three hours ahead of each other, whilst he got ready for training, she was going to bed. They intended to keep it that way.

But they were still drunk in his room. 

When he went on PR trips or away out of the country matches. She would always miss him. Miss his energy, his stupid hair, his nice face. People always say it's bad or insane to miss Jamie Tartt. Vivian didn't understand why people said that, she loved him. 

Sometimes they felt like this wasn't real and it was all some dream that they would wake up from sooner or later. Vivian had so much running through her head as she lay down and looking up at the plaster on the ceiling. So much she wanted to say and so little time.

Think John Hughes Movie by Maisie Peters, that's how she felt. She didn't want Jamie to dance with that other girl at a club. She was just sitting on the bathroom floor trying to get her composure back and then he would kiss her. 

Drunk Vivian had the worst ideas, a really STUPID! idea came to her head. The worst thing she could think of doing and she did it. Think doing your GCSEs and not revising then failing, that type of stupid but worse.

She poked Jamie's cheek to get his attention, he turned and looked at her with non sober eyes.

"Jamie....I love you" She slurred and not realising what she had said to him.

But HEY, drunk words are sober thoughts right?

authors note 💌

oops....😁