Waste of time

-Hyunjin?

Chan pushed the door open and looked at the usual mess in the apartment.

Yet something was missing...

The culprit of the crime scene.

-Hyunjin? Where are you?

He went to bedroom and saw a canva laying down flat on the floor, empty.

-Does he paint in his sleep too?

Then he heard the front door and rushed to the hall.

-Hyunjin!

-Oh! Hi, hyung! the latter waved with a smile.

-Where were you?

-The store. To buy cereals. Why?

-The door was unlocked.

-Oohhh.... I knew I forgot something, he laughed.

-Someday you will be robbed and you won't even notice.

-Yeah, that sounds like me. What brings you here, hyung?

-I wanted to check on you. Are you alright? Do you eat enough? Please don't tell me you mix cereals with paint.

-I'm not that stupid, hyung... I think I'm not, he looked at his bowl questioning his existence.

-You're such a baby that needs to be taken care of. Sit down and eat, allegedly grown-up man.

-But I am your baby, Hyunjin whined.

Chan's eyes widened in shock. He felt a lump forming in his troath.

-What?

-Well, you are the one taking care of me the most. You come here everyday to check on me. Like a nurse, he chuckled.

Chan shrugged it off with a laugh, hiding the strong beats of his heart almost breaking his chest.

-Listen, he cleared his throat. I have a boxing match on Saturday. I was wondering if you could come. You know... to be there for me. Moral support or whatever, he handed the flyer to the younger.

Hyunjin took it and stared at it for a few seconds before placing it on the table.

-I don't think I will come, he said dead serious.

-What? Why not? Chan was left aback.

-I don't want to. It would be a waste of time. Besides... I need to finish a project.

-Am I... a waste of time? Chan blurted out.

He was hurting like he'd never been before.

Was it all in his head? Was Hyunjin not into him at all?

He left without saying anything more and went straight to the gym to chanel his anger and sadness into his training.

-No! I said no! Son of a bitch, listen to me for once! This will end up badly! You're so stubborn, I would think you have a rock as a brain, Jeongin roasted Changbin at the phone.

Seungmin woke up because of the noise and stared amused at the younger who had a vein showing right on his forehead.

When Jeongin noticed what he did, he sat down on the bed and kissed Seungmin on the top of his head.

-Give me 3 minutes to end this man's whole career and then I'm all yours, he whispered.

Seungmin nodded with a smile and enjoyed the drama.

After 3 minutes sharp, Jeongin hung up and jumped back in the bed.

-What happened this time?

-He wants to take your friend on a date. I told him it's too dangerous. He wouldn't listen. Why would he?

-Let them have so fun. I'm sure it will be okay.

-If my darling says so...

Seungmin's cheeks caught a bright red colour instantly.

-Your what?

-Darling. You are my darling, Jeongin wrapped his arms around Seungmin and chuckled.

Minho woke up with no one next to him.

He patted the empty space behind him with the hope of finding Jisung's warm body there. Nothing.

Was it all a dream? Would he need to go to work and pretend he didn't kiss him?

-Good morning!

He glanced at the door and met with Jisung's morning face.

-I made breakfast.

-I thought you left...

-I thought about it, Jisung admitted. But then I had a deep conversation with your brother and we both agreed to take the risk. If I keep running, I will waste my life. I think I could get used to settling down for a bit.

-With me?

-No, idiot, with the divorced woman from the apartment above. Obviously with you!

-Then we need to go on a date! Minho jumped off the bed excited, almost giving Jisung a heart attack.

-We have work today!

-I'll call Hyunjin. You and I will have some fun today! By the way, where is Felix?

-He's dealing with his own hyperactive hamster.

Minho tilted his head in confusion.

-You're late, Felix said without even looking at Changbin.

-I had a fight with my manager.

-That's part of the schedule. This is no excuse for you to be late.

-You already know my schedule, baby?

-I'm not your baby, Felix rolled his eyes.

-Yet.

Felix was so into his dance and Changbin couldn't keep the pace with him.

He struggled to follow his moves and tripped, causing him to bump into his teacher.

Felix landed with his back on the dance floor and Changbin on top of him.

-Smooth, Felix rolled his eyes.

-You were going too fast. That should be my job, he smirked.

Felix gripped Changbin's chin and made him look at himself in the mirror.

-Is that the face of a professional idol?

-Any fan would be lucky to be in your place.

-I am a fan of your music. You have talent. But ever since I met you... you're too cocky for me.

-Understood, Changbin got up and helped Felix do the same. What's your type then?

-The kind that does not ask what's my type. The kind that does not need to hide behind his idol mask. I want a genuine human being. With ups and downs.

-I'm sorry! Changbin bowed slowly. You're right. I am used to put up a show to get what I want. You're not an object to be owned. Please continue to be my choreographer.

Felix nodded and turned on the music again.