Similarities

-That's it!

Chan slammed his hands on his knees and kneeled in front of Hyunjin who was standing in the edge of the bed, just staring at the wall.

He snapped from his trance and looked confused at the older man.

-What are you doing?

-I'm begging you to tell me what's going on. That's the only way I can fix my mistakes. I don't want to lose you, Hyunjin! You're the best thing that happened to me. I mean it. Please help me understand you, he placed his hand on Hyunjin's cheek and watched as the latter melted in his touch.

-Sit down, the taller patted the place next to him.

Chan did as he was told and waited patiently for the truth.

-When I was a kid...

He took a deep breath and gathered the courage to say it.

-When I was a kid, dad used to beat mom often. He was high All the time and an absolute drunkard. After mom left him, he found another target.

-You.

-Me. I was punished for every little thing. For eating too much, for hiding from him in my room, for being around him.

-That's why you don't eat that much, Chan felt his heart being squeezed inside his chest.

-He even took down my door and broke it into pieces in front of me. Then used one of the planks to hit me on the back.

-And that's why you don't lock your door, Chan covered his mouth in shock.

-After grandpa caught him threatening me with a knife, I was taken away, but I started running away from people. Isolating myself. I was too afraid to say or do something wrong. I thought I deserved to be alone because I was such a failure, Hyunjin hid his face in his palms. Then the Lee brothers came around and forced me to go outside again. They didn't rush me. They took care of me. I was finally able to be around people and... and I met you and I was so happy.

-But I'm a boxer. I'm someone who makes money from violence.

Hyunjin shook his head slowly.

-Boxing is a sport. It's purely professional. You don't hit your opponent with hatred. I can accept that. But how you treat Jisung... It broke my heart to see how you two can't see how similar you are.

-Us? Similar?

-You two would do anything for your friends, but won't give a damn by your own person. And it drives me so mad that you're attacking each other like you would attack yourselves. I don't want you to just be nice to him. I want you to accept yourself and let yourself be happy, Hyunjin placed his hand on Chan's shoulder.

-I'll think about what you told me. And I'm so sorry you had to go through that hell! I wish I could take the pain away. I love you, Hyunjin! I'll do anything for you!

Hyunjin smiled weakly and hugged his partner tightly. Maybe there was still hope for them...

The next day

-Lix! Lix, wake up!

-Hmm?? What? the freckled boy opened his eyes.

-Have you seen Jisung?

-What? No?! Why?

-I can't find him anywhere. He doesn't answer the phone either.

-He...doesn't...

Felix took his sweet moment to process what he had just heard before jumping off the bed and rushing to grab his phone.

-Shit Shit shit!