1. He loves me not ❀

3rd P.O.V

As the years went by, Lily and Riley grew up to be beautiful teenagers as Riley was still the mature and intelligent individual who now knew two languages, English and her mother's tongue Greek. And Lily was still the same imaginative girl who loved fairy tales. But the person who had changed was their daddy or Randol as Riley called him now. The once happy and joyful father turned into this...

SMACK!

"I TOLD YOU GET THE RIGHT BEER FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW. YOU CAN'T GET ANYTHING RIGHT YOU BITCH!"

Riley held her cheek as she tried not to cry as Randol yet again physically harmed her, she remembered exactly how this started, a few weeks after momma's funeral  after Roland was constantly drinking and going out late at night, returned home in a drunken stupor and into the living room where Riley was practicing in her Greek textbook. She looked up and saw him as he began walking towards her and sitting on the couch next to her.

"The..hic..fuck a-are you doing-hic in here?..thought you would be sleeping or some sh-shit"

Randol had said the stench of alcohol clinging to him as he stifled a yawn as he watched Riley. Riley put down her textbook and spoke hesitantly hoping he wouldn't be mad at her still being up. 

"U-uhm I was studying out of my Greek textbook, I'm sorry daddy i didn't mean to stay up I guess I got caught up in the studying" 

She nervously spoke seeing as how her daddy's eyes seemed to darken at her words. Randol sat up looking at her intensely, the alcohol seemingly leaving his system.

"And why would you be studying some shit like that? Didn't really expect a what 10 year old to be studying some new language" Randol seemed to be getting more serious as he talked wanting an explanation.

Riley seemed to light up her nervous energy slipping away as she began to explain to her daddy knowing he would understand and also knowing he would be happy for her that she was learning for this reason.

"I'm doing this for momma daddy I know she used to speak it sometimes around the house and she would nicknames for Lily and I so I thought to keep her memory alive I would learn it too and maybe when I get the hang of it I can teach Lily too. Look, Look I've been practicing see momma used to call me Το όμορφο μωρό μου which means my beautiful baby isn't that so cool?"

As Riley continued to babble about the language she didn't notice the seething rage that was surrounding her daddy. 

"Hey...sweetie come up on the couch and sit on my lap hmm?" Randol patted the spot on his lap as Riley excitedly got up from the floor and sat on his lap as Randol began patting her on the head, and as the world seemed right and Riley leaned to his touch, Randol pulled on her hair hard as Riley screamed in pain begging for him to stop.

Randol began to whisper in her ear his breath reeking of alcohol. 

"Now listen here..I don't know who gave you the right for you to learn such a thing but it ends now" He continued on pulling on Riley's hair like a rag doll. "If I ever hear you speak it or your sister speak, I'll fuck you up so bad that I won't even recognize you anymore...Do I make myself fucking clear?"  He pulled on her hair for an extra good measure.

Riley sobbed as she spoke."I-i understand..I-i understand!" And for what seemed like an eternity he finally let go of her hair and pushed her off of his lap, with her landing on the floor as she began to sob.

"Good..now get the fuck to bed I don't want to see you for the rest of the night"

To the present

Riley seemed to snap out of the memory as she mumbled "It wouldn't happen again" as she held her cheek and quickly an upstairs to her shared room with Lily.

As she opened the door she found Lily sleeping her fairytale book in hand. Riley chuckled walking up and sliding into the bed with her younger sister and whispering

"I promise Lily he won't hurt you..not while I'm here to take the pain"

She stated as she drifted off into a dreamless sleep

The lotus flower: The lotus flower is often associated with domestic violence and sexual assault and with purity, healing and enlightenment.

Thank you so much for reading thus far and I hope it was a good chapter until next time, Love you petals and stay safe ❁