A/N pt 2

HI! Okay, I really loved the betrothed / ta'unui clan idea, so I've started publishing the first few parts. If you want to read, feel free, and I put a part down below just so you can have a little sneak peak. 

LOVE YOU <3

⋆。˚⋆ฅ^𓆝୨♡୧𓆝ฅ^⋆˚。⋆ Aonung POV ⋆。˚⋆ฅ^𓆝୨♡୧𓆝ฅ^⋆˚。⋆

She is completely limp, floating on her back in the water, her long, curly hair covering her face, possibly blocking her breath.

My hands are shaking as I reach for her, and my mind numbs as I feel how impossibly cold she is.

"No, no no no," I mutter under my breath, and I slide the hair from her face.

I exhale shakily as I see her face.

It's littered with bruises; her lip split and several smaller cuts on her brow and cheeks. I can see firm hand marks on her arms and neck, and as my eyes trail downward, I gasp.

The wound marrs her waist, a long scorch mark blistering nearly six inches long and bleeding.

With a thrill of horror, I realise how cloudy the water is around us, polluted by her blood.

"Rotxo!" I shout, my panic and horror evident in my voice.

Rotxo appears almost instantly, and his face pales to the point of danger as he sees his friend's limp figure.

"Ta'kari? What happened to her?" he whispers, horrified.

"I don't know," I say desperately, pushing the hair from her face again as the current washes over us.

Rotxo reaches for her and shudders at how cold she is.

"We have to get back right now," Rotxo says urgently.

"Of course," I say shakily, calling for my ilu and sliding her on gently.

She's very light, luckily, but I have to be so careful.

"She's breathing," I call gratefully as I feel her pulse, sliding on behind her.

"Come on bro," Rotxo shouts, shooting out of the bay on his ilu.

I follow quickly, propping Ta'kari up against my chest and holding tight to the reins of my ilu.

We reach the village quickly, and Rotxo must have ran ahead because I can see my parents and several other villages gathering on the sand.

"Son!" Dad calls. "What happened?"

"I- I don't know," I say shakily. "We need to help her."

"Move," my mom says, pushing me aside and crouching beside Ta'kari.

I hear everyone inhale sharply as they see her, battered and limp where I laid her on the sand.

"Tonowari, Aonung, Rotxo," mom snaps. "Help me take her to my marui. Tsireya, gather some taruipo berries and kliyata herbs."

We do as we're told, no one speaking, moving rigidly in horrified silence.

I hold Ta'kari's head and shoulders as we walk through the village, trying to ignore the shocked stares of the other Metkayina.

Her head rocks back and forth in my hands, her long hair spilling down my chest and her long eyelashes staying stubbornly, helplessly shut.

We finally reach Ronal's Tsahìk marui, and I lay her gently on the mat, tucking all her hair underneath her.