Counter Strike

SANDBOX RED BASE - MIDDAY

Gate: (sighs) We are gathered here today to honor the lives and memories of our fallen comrades: Wilbur Wayne Frank and Thomas Hubbard Newman.

the field of Sandbox. The red base is in the foregroundwhile Blue base is in the background. At Red base, Miller and Claire are seen standing atop the base while Gates stands behind it. Gate says his eulogy.

Gates: Wilbur was... a subpar leader.Well, actually, he really wasn'tmuch of a leader. I mean: he was selfish, perverted, unsupportive,devious; the list goes on and on. I would usually find him sunbathing,or sleeping, or both. So, on top of that, I guess you could say he was lazy too. But, on the bright side,Wilbur's now where he belongs. Hecan sleep eternally whiledecomposers gnaw through his armorand nibble on his flesh.

Claire: Jesus Gates! This is a memorial!Could you be a little less harsh?! 

Gates: Uh, the dude shot me in my arm!What do you want me to do, lie?! 

Claire: No, but enough with the harsh attitude. Sure, he wasn't the bestleader but, could you at leastcompliment him on something?Like... how he was alwaysenthusiastic. 

Gates: (scoffs)Enthusiastic to bang you every two hours. 

Claire:(sighs)You know what, just move on to Thomas. And say something pleasant this time!

Gates: (sighs)I'll try. Thomas was, uh... uh... aloyal engineer, I suppose? Although his skills were below average and the fact that he couldn't fix aWarthog. I mean, what kind of engineer doesn't know how to repair a Warthog?! 

Claire:(frustrated)Gates, pleasant! That's an order! 

Gates: (frustrated)No. You know what, fuck that!Thomas was geeky, unqualified, anduntrustworthy! He wasn't even allthat loyal. We tricked him intoworking for us! 

Claire:Why are you making this sodifficult?! Remember, we're notonly doing this for ourselves!We're showing our respects to theirfamilies and friends! The otherpeople that care about them. Thevery least we could do is giveWilbur and Thomas a decent, fuckingeulogy. 

Gates: Well, unlike their loved ones, Ididn't have any fond memories ofWilbur or Thomas! So, I'm not gonnamake up some sappy shit when Idon't feel that way about them!A brief pause. 

Claire:(beat; angrily)You're such a fucking asshole. 

Claire storms away. 

Gates: I'm just being honest! (sighs)Fuck. 

Gates walks towards the top of the base. 

Claire: You know, I wonder what people would say at your funeral. You're not so different from Wilbur and Thomas in the way you describe them. 

Gates: (offended)I'm very different from them! 

Miller is seen swaying around his Energy Sword. 

Miller: I don't know. I'm starting to see some similarities. 

Gates: Hey Miller. Still playing with your wang? 

Miller switches out his energy sword for his battle rifle. 

Miller: (sarcastically) Ha, ha, ha. Very funny. 

Claire: You have been messing with that sword a lot.

Miller:(sighs) Ever since I killed that white guy, I can't seem to get him out of my head. There's still a lot of mysteries about him that we haven't figured out yet. Like, what was that special weapon he was talking about?

Claire: Hmm. I never really thought of 

Gates: (frustrated)OH, who cares! He's dead now! Let's just forget about him. What we...