Hobie Brown - What We Have.. - Fluff

Hobie doesn't believe in labels. You're his roommate, his friend-maybe something more. Yeah, sometimes you sleep in the same bed, and you wear his shirts, and he kisses you, but that doesn't mean he's your boyfriend.

"Cold?" he asks, letting you lean into his chest. Hobie moves his arm around your shoulders, chin resting atop your head. You've never asked what the two of you are and he's glad. He doesn't know how he'd answer. "Yeah.." You answered, almost halfway in December, dreading these months of freezing temperatures. This forces you to bury yourself deeper in his chest, the bodyheat making you feel comfortable Hobie's grip around you tightens. He leans down to kiss you softly on the forehead, then pulls your closer against him, so close that you're practically laying on top of him. His hand rubs along your back as his other arm wraps around you, drawing you in. He looks up at you and smiles, not letting this moment go yet. Hobie continues to hold you tightly. The two of you just sit there in the dark, him caressing your back and occasionally kissing your forehead.

It's nice to have you here, to feel your body against his. He still hasn't admitted his feelings out loud to you, but he's doing his damnedest to show how much he cares."I don't want you to sleep," he confesses quietly. "I want to keep holding you." Hobie presses his lips against your forehead, trying to think of something more to say but finding himself short of words. He's never felt so strongly about anyone before and doesn't know how to voice it out loud.

"Hey," Hobie murmurs. "Did I ever mention how pretty I think you are?" His chin rests atop your head. The both of you are lying down in the dark and Hobie's hand comes up to stroke your cheek. He smiles softly, watching you.

Hobie has never been one to share his feelings-especially when it comes to romance. But now, in the safety of the dark, he's allowing his words to become loose, free of worries and expectations. He's saying things that he's wanted to say for a while.

You giggled a little, "On multiple occasions.."

"Well," Hobie responds, a grin across his lips. "I mean it." He looks at his roommate, taking in all the intricacies of his face. It's so easy to get lost in that gaze. "You're beautiful. And cool." His hand caresses your cheek, brushing away any hair that's in your eyes. "And I like having you around. A lot." His words trail off. He smiles, but then bites his lower lip-does he dare say what's on his mind?

"Well, I enjoy having you around as well.." You smiled

"Yeah?" Hobie asks, his voice coming out a little softer than usual. "That's good, really good."

Maybe it's the way you're looking at him, the way your eyes sparkle in the dark. Maybe it's the fact that you've been so affectionate lately, leaning your head into him, asking him to hold you, to kiss your forehead. Or maybe it's the simple fact that he trusts you, knows that you won't laugh when he says this: "You're important to me, Y/N."