Start of a New

It was December 6th, 2040; 9:37 AM.
The 2nd year anniversary of the successful Android Revolution had passed, it had officially been made a holiday after the new android laws had been passed. It took a long process of vetoes and pigeon holeing to get to the freedom and rights that androids have today.
Cyberlife had shut down due to all the backlash it was getting from humans and androids combined. Androids started developing businesses of their own. Even opening android healthcare centers designed specifically for androids by androids.

Enter Detective Gavin Reed; a thirty eight year old, bad habit having, grumpy, android hating, asshole. After the android revolution, he was left feeling confused about his feelings towards them. Police issued androids had started claiming positions of their own as police officers. Some had left the station to become something else entirely, but Gavin didn't care about that. He cared more about the fact that toasters with feelings were slowly getting to him. At some point he did feel bad for them, with the revolution and all, but that never stopped him from treating them like shit.

It was nine in the morning at the precinct, night shift people were clocking out around the time Gavin had gotten there. He had agreed to take the day shift so later that day he would have time to hang out with Officer Chen.

Officer Chen, or Tina Chen, was Gavin's closest friend at work. She was the only one who could deal with his bullshit asshole attitude whilst still keeping her happy and cheerful personality. Not only was she happy and cheerful, but she could match anyone's energy. When Gavin would give her attitude, she'd give it right back and give him sass. That's how their relationship worked, and both of them enjoyed it. It was a huge sigh of relief for the both of them when they hung out together after a long day at work.

Speak of the devil.

"Good morning Detective Douche! You look like shit, what's wrong?" She babbled.

Gavin hadn't even sat down yet and she was already insulting him.

"Auttie wouldn't let me sleep last night, whining for milk when I had already fed her." He sighed, plopping himself lazily into his chair.

"Hmm, well it's only for a few weeks, then she'll be whining for kibble instead, hehe." She snickered.

Gavin glared.

"Anyways," she continued, "You remember the rookie I was telling you about? Apparently it's his first day today. You think he'll—".
Suddenly, said rookie appeared through the security gate. He stopped suddenly, glancing around the building and more specifically the bullpen.

Gavin chanced a look at him. His eyes darted from the rookie's soft perfectly imperfect hair, to his shiny polished dress shoes.

"Heyy," She teased, "He's kinda..."

Detective Douche living up to his name, he playfully shoved Tina off his inclining chair and decided rookie wasn't worth his precious time.

"Hey— where're you goin' Gav?"

"To get some shit breakroom coffee."

Officer Chen shrugged, watching as her friend disappeared behind a wall.
She looked back at the poor and confused looking guy, still standing at the entrance.
Immediately, she made a beeline towards the unsuspecting man.

"Hello!" She smiled brightly.

The man stood terrifyingly still for a few seconds before evidently relaxing.
"Hi," His voice was deep but laced with awkwardness and uncertainty, "I am Conan Richards, it's my first day here and I can't seem to find Captain Jeffery Fowler. Would you happen to know where he could be at this time?" The android dipped down the tiniest bit, trying to keep some sort of eye contact with the shorter police officer.