Chapter 6 What Lies Ahead

Y/n can be seen in the driver seat of the Jeep, Shane leans his back against the passanger seat as the wind cools them down on this humid day. The green scenery passing them by as they follow behind the R.V, Y/n cracks his neck and looks at the radio with a frustrated look.

Y/n: "Wish we had some music.." Shane looks over at him with a small chuckle as he fixes his hat.

Shane: "You and me both.. these silent car trips are boring as hell.."

Y/n: "I sure do miss blasting Heavy Metal.. the looks I would get made me laugh." He says lightly tapping the wheel, Shane chuckles.

Shane: "I remember that.. you talking about at that ice cream shop right?" Y/n laughs as the memory plays in his mind.

Y/n: "The one and only.. I probably shouldn't have done that on a Church day. Those old ladies that came out of the Church were mortified by Slipknot.. screaming how I'm gonna go to hell." Shane laughs and slaps his knee.

Shane: "Well, when a song says 'I wanna slit your throat and fuck the hole'.. that's mortifying to anyone. But, that sure was a good day.." He says with a sad smile, Y/n nods his head sadly as he looks in the rear view mirror and sees Rick's car still following behind them.

Y/n: "That seems like a diffrent life.. now we have to worry about where we get food.." Shane nods his head as a serious look graces his face.

Shane: "What the hell...?" He asks sitting up and looking out the front window, Y/n looks to see cars blocking the road infront of them, he slows down the Jeep as Daryl slowly creeps by on his motorcycle.

Daryl: "Something's wrong with the R.V.. it's smoking." He says before slowly driving forwards, Y/n slowly presses the brakes making the Jeep come to a stop. Him and Shane both get out and walk over to the R.V, where Dale, Glenn, Andrea and T-Dog all standing around the hood of the R.V.

Dale: "Didn't I say It? A thousand times.. dead in the water." Shane rests his shotgun over his shoulder as they approach.

Shane: "Problem, Dale?" He asks as he keeps his eyes on the area around them, Y/n walks towards the hood to see more smoke than before.

Y/n: "Shit.. that's alot more than before."

Dale: "Shit is right.. its the matter of being stuck in the middle of no where with no hope of--" He trails off as he sees all the cars around them.

Dale: "Okay that was dumb..."

Shane: "Can't find a radiator hose here.. then--" Daryl motions Y/n over to him, he walks over as Daryl rifles through the boot of a nearby car.

Daryl: "There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find.." Y/n watches as Daryl pulls out a pink backpack and hands it off to Y/n, he lets out a small chuckle and throws it over his shoulders.

Y/n: "This place is like a gold mine.. look at all these cars." He says in awe at all the cars either on or off to the side of the road.

T-Dog: "I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." Carol holds Sophia close to her with a hopeful look.

Carol: "Maybe some water.."

Glenn: "Or food."

Lori: "This is a graveyard.." Everyone looks at her and lets her words sink in, Y/n shakes his head and sighs.

Y/n: "There are supplies here.. this isn't the time to decide whats right or wrong." He says looking through the boot with Daryl, She glares at his back before turning to Rick with a worried look.

Lori: "I don't know how I feel about this..."

Shane: "Come on, Y'all.. just look around." He says ushering the group to search, Y/n pats Daryl on the back and starts walking down towards cars that are deeper on the freey way.