18. The sponsor

🎬

"We want you to solve the sponsorship issue before the week is over. There will be no more discussion about this matter."

Tangie stares at the text message in front of her, letting it illuminate her face in the otherwise dark background of the evening show being filmed. Hela is sitting in front of at least a dozen cameras, smiling her million-dollar smirk as the host of whatever late night show this is talks about her newest film. The audience is just about fifty people, laughing on cue at whatever she's saying now. The host is slightly older, a handsome man with a grey suit. Above them hang stage lights, and a red light that says 'on air' blinks furiously by the door.

"Out of the both of us, I'd say I'm the one who's better at crying on set" Hela remarks, and the audience laughs. The host chuckles too, changing the card in his hands. "No, no, I mean it. Eve is good at a lot of things, crying is just my expertise."

While the audience continues to laugh at something Tangie doesn't even understand, the angel in question is sitting somewhere in the background with the other managers and staff. She can see some of them glaring at her for having her phone open, the stark light probably disturbing their view of the set from the darkness they have been put in. But Tangie doesn't care. She clicks away from her head manager's contact and goes to Hecate's instead, typing furiously with a stressed scrunch of her nose.

"Is everything going alright on set? Do you need a manager there?"

She's acting like a human now. A full blooded, stressed and overworked human. Day in and day out it's the same thing all over again. Rushing from Hecate's filming site to Hela's promotions, wondering if the actress that she is not currently with is doing alright and wondering if the actress that she is currently with would be alright if she left and went to check up on the other. And even when she isn't on a double schedule, there is still so much to do. Driving, coordinating, meeting members of staff, making sure everything is running smoothly and defending Hecate and Hela from any malicious intents. (Which is already hard enough, considering how she would very much like to be someone attacking them, not someone defending).

"I need you here in an hour."

Tangie bites her lip, dragging a stressed hand through her hair. Hecate's answer is so bright on her screen it's giving her a headache. It's a classic demon trick again. Hecate wants her there just so that she can stress her out even more, make her rush Hela's schedule and get in trouble with the both of them. It's not easy being a manager of two popular actresses, but it's even worse considering the fact that they are trying to get rid of her and feed off her negative energy at the same time. A human wouldn't be able to handle it. Tangie is already running on just three hours of sleep every single night, with no days off, barely any breaks to eat and drink. A human wouldn't be able to handle it. An angel can, though. She just hope that she isn't making it too obvious that she's an angel. She's already in trouble as it is.

Yes, in big big trouble. There is the Mazanin problem, too. It's been exactly forty hours since he found out about her being an angel. Tangie has been counting down the seconds, minutes and hours, to the point where it's just adding extra stress onto her shoulders. Even though she agreed not to think about it to not raise any kind of suspicion in Hecate and Hela, she is still very much stressed over the fact that he does know, and she doesn't know what he's going to do about it. So, even though she's stressed right now, being torn in fifteen different directions, her mind is still half occupied by the fact that she might be doing all of this unnecessarily. They might kill her any second now.