✧☆Chapter 13: Fighting God, and Other Normal☆✧

Summary:
Does Dream know whats going on? No.

Does he at least have control of the situation? Also No.

But you can't say he isn't trying.

Notes:
Heyyyy, they're back with your silly goofy comfort fic, this time with a gun!

A metaphorical gun :D

Don't worry about it :D :D

————————————————————————————————————

Chapter Text:

Words for what Dream just experienced did not exist. If they did exist, then he certainly didn’t know them. All he really knew was that he was standing there, ground unsteady beneath his feet, and Techno across from him in all of his vaguely terrifying glory. Okay, maybe not vaguely terrifying. It might be just regular old terrifying.

In one moment, he’d been suffocating against a bookshelf under the weight of Techno. The next, the world had dissolved and rebuilt itself around them until it no longer resembled a library at all. Honestly, it didn’t resemble much of anything.

Dream flinched, stumbling to the side as a sharp red something shot like a bullet past him. Magic that didn’t quite resemble Techno’s usual dark color tore at his clothes, scratching a long line against his side. He heard it impact the broken, displaced tile behind him and shatter. Dream didn’t dare turn around to see if anything remained.

“What’s happening?” Dream managed to stammer out, failing the last syllable as he ran out of air and time. That same red magic lingered on the ground for a moment, little red circles that, for some inexplicable reason, made Dream’s head scream . He leaped to the side, barely scraping by on his feet.

Judging by how bright red blades shot up from the ground, easily double his height, it was the right call. Almost predictably, Techno didn’t respond to his question. Why would he? He was sort of trying to kill Dream right now. In a normal game, this would be fine and have no consequences other than failing the challenge-

Cold iced his veins, crystal shooting from his feet and arching in a wave. Dream had roughly a second and a half to wonder what part of his brain made that decision when it cracked. A splintering noise akin to breaking stone.

A blood red ax cut into the crystal, sharp edge nearly slicing the entire way through. Right, so, kudos to that part of his brain. It was very… very smart and good. Yep, favorite part of his brain right now-

Shards rained over him as the crystal shattered, bouncing harmlessly off of his skin. Dream jerked, narrowly avoiding a cruel hit to the head. Broken knuckles on Techno’s fist dripped a slow bead of blood. Dream should really, really stop thinking right now. He was going to die if he kept thinking.

Die in a place that was a game, where you were expected to die multiple times, but was actually his life. A life that he wasn’t entirely certain would resume if he died in this game. Because the game was now life. If he died here, he’d just be dead. Right? Like, he had no certainty but he wasn’t taking that risk.

Flexing his hand, Dream attempted to keep light on his feet. Magic rose up from under his skin, that strange chill he couldn’t name. He dodged, Techno narrowly missed, and he dodged again before Techno could even start swinging, and then he dodged again and again and again.

But he couldn’t win a fight by dodging. No, he needed a moment to think, just a moment, so he could figure out something to do. Anything would suffice. He just needed to live through this!

Dirt and ground and tiny shards of white filled the air, filtered by his mask. The more Techno attacked, the less steady it became. Gouges ran deep within the floor, creating miniature canyons he had to avoid.  Dream didn’t know how Techno could attack so fast. Weren’t bigger weapons supposed to be slower?