part forty three

daniels hands are shaking as he leaves the room. what the hell was he going to say to johnny now??

the only problem? he can't even find johnny.

that's when he catches a glimpse of blonde hair outside in the rain. oh fuck.

"johnny" he calls as he yanks the back door open.

he's immediately hit by the cold rain and closes the door behind him before he can get the inside wet.

"johnny!" he calls again, running after the boy "johnny wait"

the blonde stumbles and then stops, turning to face daniel.

"go back inside daniel" he calls back

"can you atleast explain to me. why? why you don't want to- to be with me?" daniel takes a tentative step forward

johnny looks away "larusso please- i just can't."

"tell me why!" daniel yells as the wind picks up and the rain blurs his vision

"i made a promise" johnny has to readjust himself as the wind pushes him back

"what?"

"im not doing this- this relationship bullshit again"

"again? johnny what are you talking about"

"do you remember my scar?" he asks and daniel frowns, taking another step forward until they're less than a metre apart "you saw it. i know you did,  that time in the bathroom. when you took my headband"

a memory flashes back to daniel, the scar on johnnys forehead. of course he remembers. "i still don't understand."

"that was my dad. after he found out i was- i was a f@g" johnny struggles with the word, like it hurts him to say it out loud. what he is. what they are.

"johnny. what kind of promise did you make?"

"i said i'd never do that again. i promised myself i wouldn't but daniel, when you're around i can't stop myself"

"yet somehow you're still honouring a promise made to your dead father over me" daniel laughs "why do i keep following you everywhere johnny?"

johnny grabs daniels hand "please don't go"

daniel looks up into his blue eyes and sighs "you have to make up your mind"

"i don't know how" johnny says and daniel can see a tear roll down his face

"you have too. or i'm leaving and i won't follow you again" daniel feels bad for making him choose but he needs to know if he's enough for johnny

the blonde sags and daniel turns away pulling his hand out of his grasp "have a good life johnny."

he's halfway back across the beach when johnny grabs him and pulls him back "wait. please just wait"

"i choose you. because i don't know what to do without you. you make me feel things i've never felt before and i don't want us to end this way all because i can't- couldn't get over a promise i made year's ago.

i've been trying to make my dad proud for so many years that i forgot who i should really be caring about. you're everything to me daniel. no matter how hard i try i can't seem to pull myself away from you.

i'll always choose you"

johnny takes a deep breath. they both wait in silence.

"and??" daniel frowns, waiting. waiting.

"and what?" johnny looks at daniel with so much confusion and innocence in his eyes the brunette thinks he might be falling in love all over again.

"you're so dense sometimes" daniel grins before pulling him into a kiss.

johnny sighs against daniels mouth before picking him up, his hands gripping onto the younger boys thighs as the rain keeps coming down.

they're both shivering and johnnys lips are wet but daniel doesn't care. he only cares about the fact that the blonde chose him.

and they're kissing and everything feels right and he could die happy here.

"you're everything for me too" daniel murmurs when they finally pull apart.

johnny smiles. maybe things could go their way.