𝟬𝟬𝟱. happy birthday

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
۪ ACT ONE, CHAPTER FIVE ۪

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┊➶ ❁۪ 。 ✧ACT ONE, CHAPTER FIVE➶ ❁۪ 。 ✧┊

word count: 2.7k

"ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍᴇ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ"
- taylor swift

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐌𝐘'𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖," Lucas chimed up.

The boy and Elle, the new girl were sat on the steps of Dale's RV. All they were doing was chatting, just to pass the time waiting for Daryl, Rick, Glenn, T-Dog and Marley to get back from their run into the city. It was taking a little longer than everyone was expecting but there was no cause for worry yet.

"Who?" Elle replied, looking at Lucas with wide eyes. "You've gotta remember I've only been interacting with y'all for less than 24 hours. I only know you, Daryl, Merle and Ellie."

"Right yeah, shit. She was around here doing laundry earlier — fishing now. Shorter blonde?"

"Ohhh, I see. I just dubbed her dumb blonde with ass," Elle admitted with a chuckle, looking around a little at the camp.

Lucas laughed gently in reply. "Okay, yeah. Fair enough," the boy nodded, though finding his eyes lingering on Elle for a little longer than he had expected.

As their laughter subsided, Lucas shifted slightly on the steps, feeling an unexpected flutter in his chest. He found himself drawn to Elle's vibrant energy and the easy way they connected in conversation. There was a spark between them, subtle yet undeniable, as if the universe was gently nudging them together.

Elle noticed Lucas's lingering gaze and tilted her head, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She sensed a shared connection, a unique understanding that seemed to go beyond their brief time together. A mixture of curiosity and intrigue danced in her eyes as she studied him, appreciating his genuine nature and the way he made her feel comfortable.

"So, Lucas," Elle began, her voice soft but filled with genuine interest. "How did you end up here, in this group? I mean?"

Lucas shifted his gaze from the camp to meet Elle's eyes. He felt a surge of warmth in his chest as he realized she wanted to know more about him, to understand his story. It was a refreshing change from the daily grind of survival, and he found himself opening up, sharing the journey that led him to this point.