IV. SINNER, NOT SAINT.

"I can't do this

"I can't do this..."

Sydney reached over and snatched her tank top up from the passenger side, throwing it over her head and back on her frame before she slid right off of Oscar's lap. He blinked, confused as he watched her fumble to open the door and climb out of the car without even glancing in his direction.

"Wait — " he called after her, leaning his head out of the open window on his side. "¡Mierda! Where you goin'?"

She could feel herself shaking, hands trembling as she crossed her arms over her chest and started to make her way down the pathway and out of the park. She didn't care if it would take her a while to make it back home on two bare feet. She was desperate to get herself out of this situation any way she could.

No pause, no look back at him, no words spoken. This wasn't what it was supposed to be. He was different than the other men she usually brought home from the bars late at night. The one's she always kicked out the next morning. Just like she had earlier. Oscar was different. She could feel it, despite hardly knowing much about him in the first place. And when he had uttered his name to her under his breath like that, she couldn't take it. It felt cheap, it felt unfulfilled. She wanted to know him. Really know him. But not like this.

He shook his head and leaned back against the seat, letting out a heavy sigh as he sat in silence for a moment. Normally he didn't give a rat's ass if a girl got up and left. There had always been a plethora of women to choose from in the past. So why did he feel that need to steal another glance at her? Silently hoping she'd turn back around?

Oscar chuckled, inwardly cursing himself and quickly shaking the feeling away as he turned the key in the ignition and started the car back up.

"OSCAR!"

That voice was familiar. And it came at the worst time, too. God damn it.

Sydney stopped in her tracks, eyes widened as she watched a young, dark haired boy sprint passed her and towards the red impala she had just hopped out of moments ago. Who was that, and how did they know Oscar?

Cesar nearly tripped over his own feet as he worked to open the passenger door and slam himself inside, panting breathlessly as tiny beads of sweat ran down his temples. Oscar's demeanor changed within a split second. He knew what was happening, and he knew exactly why. This was no joke, turning to stick his head back out the window in an attempt to beckon Sydney over.

"Aye!" He hollered, hoping she wouldn't question things and just get back in the fucking car. Because now was not the time for questions.

"Oscar we gotta GO," Cesar ushered as he stared into the rear view mirror, knowing what was inevitably coming their way.

What in the hell was happening now?! Sydney whipped her head around to see where the younger boy had come from, curious as to why he'd been running full speed. The sound of a gun shot from around the corner had shaken her up from her slight daze, heart dropping into her stomach as she immediately ducked down slightly, shoulders hunched.