Not soon enough.

|| Intro ||

This chapter is a backstory to how Ambrosius and Ballister met when they're were younger, the movie didn't explain that and I wanted to include it here.

Ballister and Ambrosius fall asleep together, the sound of a random tv preview playing, yet somehow the room was still pretty quiet. Ballister moved around a bit, and Ambrosius would adjust to whatever way Ballister was facing when they slept, it was quite cute. They're both quiet sleepers for the most part, however Ballister will occasionally make a light snore sound, but it's not loud or annoying and Ambrosius hasn't noticed yet. Ballister's mind starts to fog as he sleep, his head picturing a blue sky, then as if it was a film, the view turned down to reveal a small Ballister, making his way to the institute for the first time, a day after the queen gave his blessing to him, a day he would never forget.

Ballister was quite shy back then, he kinda kept to himself, but this was a whole new opportunity for him. And he knew he'd have to open up his social circle at least a little for this. The institute had a specific building for the knights in training. It served as a school and a dorm, it was a shorter building, compared to the main castle. The upcoming young knights would have a schedule of classes and training, and a couple breaks throughout the day as well. The young Ballister walks into the building titled "the elite academy of the institute", holding onto the straps of his blue Jansport backpack tightly. The jingling of the keychains on his backpack turned a couple heads in the building. Ballister hadn't seen any upcoming knights yet, but the adults and workers of the institute either were really kind to him or gave him judgemental eyes, Ballister kept his head down as he walked to the classroom the queen told him to go to. 

The young boy knocks on the door, and a woman with a head covering and a heart-shaped face opens the door and gives a kind smile to him, she says "Well hello there young sir, you must be Ballister Boldheart, am I correct?". The young Ballister nods shyly and the woman responds while slightly pushing him inside, she turns to the class of young knights "upcoming knights of the realm, this is you're new classmate." She turns to Ballister and gives a comforting smile, making him hold his head high, his long hair covering some of his face. "Ballister Boldheart. He doesn't come from a noble bloodline, but the queen believes in him and so should you. Treat him the same as you would treat anyone else here, alright?" 

The students reply, synchronized "yes director" The director turns to young Ballister, "I am the director, it's nice to have you here, Ballister. Please take a seat in our empty seat over there" the director points to an empty seat next to a blonde boy with long hair, he looks angelic and seems very happy to have a new classmate. The glowing boy has a big smile on his face and waves Ballister over, Ballister shyly walks over and puts his bag down, he greets the golden boy, flustered, then sits down and turns his attention back to the front, trying his best to ignore everyone in the class looking at him judgmentaly.

One class and a training session has happened now, and Ballister is better than most of the other knights, and now it's time for break. Most of the knights are jealous and judging, Ballister eats his snack alone and reads a book underneath a shady tree outside. Ballister continues snacking when he hears a bush rat tiling, then the golden boy from his class jumps out "Boo!" Ballister jumps and turns to see who it is, when he recognizes the boy, he just shakes his head and turns his attention back to his food and book. The golden boy doesn't seem to get the message and goes in front of Ballister, tilting the book slightly down "You're kinda odd. You're like, the only kid in school who isn't begging to be my friend." The glowing and radiant boy says with a raised eyebrow. The non-noble boy replies "Well, I like to focus on school more than friends, and it's not like you asked me to be your friend first." The blonde boy is a little shocked to hear his accent, "then, let's be friends!" Ballister puts his book down and responds "okay then..." 

The two spend recess together, others stare, but neither care, and the golden boy formally introduces himself as 'Ambrosius'. This 'Ambrosius' boy was already so comfortable around Ballister that he started calling him 'Bal'. Ballister didn't have a problem with this, he just called him by his name because he couldn't think of a nickname and just liked the way his name sounded. Soon enough, the two walk back into the classroom for the second round of class and training session, the two sit at theyre table while waiting for the director to arrive. A red-haired buzzed- cut boy from across the room laughs and turns to the two, "Why are you hanging out with him? He's different, and not even cool. He's a loser" Ballister looks down, ashamed, Ambrosius speaks up, "Shut up, Todd. You don't get to make fun of him just because you're mad he got a better score than you in training earlier." The class laughs, the 'Todd' boy, huffs and turns back around, Ambrosius playfully elbows Ballister. Ballister looks ups and laughs, happy that someone finally stood up for him, and that he had a real friend now

Days grew into weeks, weeks grew into months, months grew into years, and now the two were inseparable. Around the years they would be in high school, if they weren't in the academy, is when they started to have feelings for each other, they've been in a situationship since around that time, but no one else seemed to realize this except for the two of them. They spent almost all they're time together and did lots of couple-like things, but they never made anything official until they're adult lives. Ballister's mind lightens a bit, he smiles and starts to wake up, happy with the memories of Ambrosius in his mind.