Chapter 5 : Dinner date

" why am so nervous ?" Peaches whispered airily ,  her brown eyes whirling emotively as they stared right back at her .

She was standing in front of her foggy mirror with nothing but a damp towel wrapped around her neck . The brunette was in the middle of looking at her reflection with new profound interest before gaping in disbelief . She did not have to wipe the fog from the old mirror to see properly because everything was as clear as day and Peaches was shocked to the core .

As she eyed the person in the mirror she could hardly recognise herself with all the radiant glitters on her round face . The enhancive makeup painted her skin really beautifully , concealing all of her visible blemishes and dark spots like pure magic . It was the very first time she'd considered wearing makeup for such an occasion and she found herself admiring the beauteous results that came with it .

Peaches released a long breath before attempting to fix her brown hair into a high ponytail , all the while being careful not to ruin her precious makeup . Time had not been on her side and she was becoming hasty as finished off by applying her sweet scented perfume .

" Everything is going to be fine ." she reassured herself before grabbing a clean towel to wrap around her stark naked body , leaving the vaporous bathroom with her pride following tow . In the depths of all her excitement , she was timidly trying not to let her low self-esteem get the better of her . She had the tendency of messing up everything when that she gave into her fears instead of conquering them . She couldn't let the man see the true person she was behind closed doors , the self loathing Peaches no one knew of .

In truth , Peaches had not prepared herself for the date and maybe that was the reason behind the current churning feeling in her stomach . This would be the very first time that someone showed any thread of interest in her which is why she's going all out to look her absolute best . She quickly brushed the feeling off , mistakenly thinking that it had been the nerves .

She walked to her nightstand to check the time before deciding to dress into something appropriate . She had an hour left and was  struggling to make a decision between choosing a long turquoise dress or a maroon one that barely reached her knees . The baffled young lady grabbed the two dresses from her wardrobe before throwing the hangers aside and placed the dresses neatly on top of her creased bed covers .

" Which one would he like the most?"

After moments of looking between the two elegant dresses , she decided to go with the long turquoise one and yanked it off the bed . She chose that particular dress because it brought out the color of her eyes and it complemented her skin perfectly . It would definitely make her stand out more and maybe she'd receive a bag full of compliments from her date. She looked at the dress before making her decision of stepping into the garment .

This would be the first time that people would see her wearing it which made her jittery for an apparent reason . She sincerely hoped that the person she was trying so hard to impress would fall on their knees as well . 

" Oh , I can't wait to see the reaction on his handsome face ."

...

Peaches checked her phone for the 20th time that night but it was still void of any calls or messages from the man who had promised to buy her dinner . She had been waiting in her living room for nearly 5 hours and was starting to give up hope because the time was nearly midnight . The worst part is that she tried calling him but it went straight to voicemail .

The brunette sighed dejectedly and looked around her empty house , a pained expression dancing on her soft features . It was evident that Sam Roger had stood her up with no explanation as to why he couldn't make it tonight . She had not expected something like this would happen to her and how she was holding on to her broken heart . Peaches could feel the broken pieces of her heart cutting through her rib cage from disappointment . The effort she put into her look just flew out the window .