"Daddy" Lucia

Lucia Sampiro watched Quill with an amused smile as the twenty-four year old squirmed nervously in his seat.

Quill was not the type of man one would associate the Goddess of Pop to go on a date with. Quill was not rich or famous or hot or well-spoken. Quill worked in IT and lived in a crappy one bedroom apartment that he was lucky not to get evicted from. Quill was a bundle of nerves, an awkward and timid thing who barely managed to mumble out his name when Lucia rocked up to him in her black cocktail dress two weeks ago.

And now she was in his apartment! On a third date, no less!

He still couldn't look at her without blushing at just how hot she looked. A year older than him and perhaps a couple of inches taller but her high heels always made her that more imposing. She always wore either black or white while out in public. Right now she had an elegant black, practically see-through dress with a deep neckline which would have cost more than eight months of his rent. Her slick black hair was pulled back tight in a severe ponytail which gave her an air of strictness. Her lips danced as she ate the steak he had prepared as her blue eyes followed his awkward attempts at trying to eat his dinner.

"So how was your work sweetheart?" She asked kindly. "Is miss Dabey still giving you trouble with your TPS reports?"

Quill looked up in surprise that she remembered their boring conversations. He wasn't expecting her to be this attentive! "Uh, no. I managed to complete it before my deadline," he replied as he nibbled on his mashed potato.

"Good! So I suppose our 'talk' from last week worked well?" Lucia wanted to see just how red he would get at that mention. She was pleased that Quill did not disappoint. If someone drew a caricature of him now they'd have a short spectacled blonde with a cute round face as red as a tomato with steam coming out of his ears.

If Quill were to then see that artwork, he'd argue that his bottom was thirty shades redder and twice as swollen at the end of the 'talk' she mentioned.

He had gone into their first date knowing she had just dumped Dorian Wick. It was in the papers. She made a terrible song about it. Dorian went on drunk at the Ed Erikson show and made out with a guest.

Quill, he was sure, was her rebound date before she moved on to another heartthrob. Celebrities were volatile. A different breed of people. All he hoped was not to embarrass himself at the end of the date. He was never going to be her boyfriend.

Indeed, she had told him straight to his face that she "... wasn't looking for a boyfriend." He remembered how radiant she looked then, glowing in the candlelight of the ludicrously expensive Italian place she took him to. She was dressed more casually then, in black jeans and a white top that stretched against her firm D cups.

"A boyfriend implies an equal partner. And by equal one who thinks himself in some chivalrous patriarchal manner, offering his coat to the chilly date, pampering her, paying for dinner. Primary breadwinner and one who makes all the important decisions. Someone who at best turns the relationship into a 58:42 split in his favour."

Lucia had just finished paying for the dinner. Quill blushed at the comment realising he had offered his jacket earlier.

"But now we're even, you paid for dinner. It's close to fifty-fifty, right? Or close to sixty forty after the wine," he tried to joke.

"Oh I'm afraid that's not the split I'm looking for," Lucia replied with a smirk. "I'm not interested in anything less than a ninety-five to five split in a relationship. I'm not looking for a boyfriend, I'm looking for a *boy*." The way she emphasized the first syllable of boy sent a chill down his spine. He was acutely aware of how young he looked, especially after he shaved his stubble for the date.