The flirt | Gunwook x Taerae

- Camp Zerobaseone Part 2 -

You'd think with how soon their debut was approaching, Taerae's mind would be completely focused on that. However, lately there was something, or more truthfully, someone who had been stuck in his head. 

He had heard people refer to Gunwook as a flirt, so he didn't want to overthink their interactions, but there just seemed to be more to it than that. Although, Taerae was completely new to the concept of being flirted with, and he had no idea whether he was picking up the right signals or not. There was a strong possibility that Gunwook's flirting meant nothing. All of the logical sense in him, was telling him to brush it off as an element of Gunwook's charming character, but there was just this feeling in his gut he couldn't ignore.

It was as if every time he saw Gunwook, the boy flirted with him. He couldn't quite understand why he was constantly complimenting his looks, bigging up his skills, and being way more touchy feely than he is with the other member. It made him feel weird. Not that bad kind of weird, more like the uncomfortable kind of weird. Like when Gunwook wiped a fallen eyelash off his cheek, and he felt like his heart was about to beat out of his chest. Things like that happened all the time; the fluttery feelings in his stomach, the warm flush of his cheeks, the way he couldn't talk without stuttering. 

Even today, on their way to film content for Camp Zerobaseone, Gunwook had swapped seats with Hao in the car, just to sit next to Taerae. When he asked why he did it, Gunwook said 'I feel most comfortable with you hyung', then he lent his head on his shoulder and took a nap. Most people wouldn't have thought much about it, but with how often Gunwook did things like this, it just added to Taerae's confusion. 

"Ugh we were so close, where do you think they're gonna send us now?"

"I don't know, but it better not be the boys planet dorms."

Their filming for Camp Zerobaseone had just ended for the day, after Gyuvin had failed to get the wheel to land on ZB1's panel. Matthew was discussing with Taerae about where they were going to go, since their dreams of going to Jeju-do had gone out the window. 

"Hey hyung, I'm starving, let's go eat something!" Gunwook suddenly appears, throwing his arm over Taerae's shoulder enthusiastically. 

"Sure..." Taerae mumbles nervously, due to Gunwook's close proximity. He couldn't say no, but he definitely didn't want to be alone with Gunwook, so he casts a desperate gaze on Matthew. "Lets eat together."

"Oh I was actually meant to be eating with Hanbin, but I'll come next time." Matthew replies, waving before running off to presumably find Hanbin. 

"Looks like it's just us." Gunwook smirks.

The last thing Taerae wanted, was to be awkward with one of his members. So he wasn't going to avoid Gunwook just because of his flirting. I'll get used to it eventually, he tells himself. Exposure therapy was the best course of action to get rid of these weird feelings.

It didn't take long for the two to decide where they wanted to eat. There was this really good restaurant, not too far from their dorms, that all of the members went to regularly. Taerae was actually super hungry aswell, and considering they had practice scheduled for this evening, he wanted to eat to regain some energy.

As he pulls out his chair, he hears Gunwook huff loudly. "What are you doing? Sit next to me." Taerae gulps, and sheepishly tucks the chair back under the table. He walks around to the other side, feeling himself pulled into his seat by Gunwook. Without a second to settle, he suddenly finds the boy leaning into the crook of his neck. "Wow you smell really good today hyung. What are you wearing?"